Startup With Sticky Scenes?

kruzty

Inspired
Is it possible to have the AX8 be in sticky scene mode as soon as it is turned on? I looked in the manual (which is a bit dated) and searched the forums but couldn't find anything that would lead me to believe this is possible.

I almost always use it in sticky scene mode at home, but when I was at a gig I forgot to put it in that mode and got some interesting sounds because I was changing effects, not scenes. :flushed: It would be nice if there was a way to boot in that mode (or sticky preset). Basically tell the AX8: "as soon as you finish booting, virtually select F1 or F2."

Is it possible to have the AX8 be in sticky scene mode as soon as it is turned on? I looked in the manual (which is a bit dated) and searched the forums but couldn't find anything that would lead me to believe this is possible.

I almost always use it in sticky scene mode at home, but when I was at a gig I forgot to put it in that mode and got some interesting sounds because I was changing effects, not scenes. :flushed: It would be nice if there was a way to boot in that mode (or sticky preset). Basically tell the AX8: "as soon as you finish booting, virtually select F1 or F2."

F1 or F2 can do any number of things, as they are user assigned, so that wouldn't necessarily be feasible. But a selectable startup mode would nice.

In the meantime, you could globally assign all 8 footswitches as scene switches. That would effectively turn Stompbox Mode into Sticky Scene Mode.

I also use sticky scene as my default mode. I second the idea of either choosing startup mode or at least using the last mode when shutdown.

Maybe a Wish List thread should be started?

F1 or F2 can do any number of things, as they are user assigned, so that wouldn't necessarily be feasible. But a selectable startup mode would nice.

In the meantime, you could globally assign all 8 footswitches as scene switches. That would effectively turn Stompbox Mode into Sticky Scene Mode.

Thanks for the global scene assign suggestion. I may try that, but then I couldn't get back to individual effects when I wanted to.

The reason I was thinking of selecting one of the F switches after startup is because it can be assigned to anything. That way it wouldn't be limited to just sticky scenes or sticky presets. For example, maybe you want to have the tuner engaged on startup (hey, that actually sounds useful!).

I think that this functionality needs to be added to the AX8. I have the same issues. It is already available on the FX8.

Back
Top Bottom