Starting point for building a shredding lead tone

uhhh those presets don't need help. they both sound of highly tuned audible violence. i had to stop playing and throw a chair across the room. what did you say you needed help with again?? those presets sound AMAZING
Your comment really made my day! I wanted help with making a lead tone, I use those presets for rhythm.

for lead? just turn off the noise gate, all the way...let that nonsense run away with itself. the delay is perfect, the gain staging is perfect for lead or rhythm both, neck or bridge. i started to add bass but immediately killed it, i tried to lower the gain and killed it. You've got the low end set where there's room to actually add the bassist and actually hear it...:trophy:

for lead? just turn off the noise gate, all the way...let that nonsense run away with itself. the delay is perfect, the gain staging is perfect for lead or rhythm both, neck or bridge. i started to add bass but immediately killed it, i tried to lower the gain and killed it. You've got the low end set where there's room to actually add the bassist and actually hear it...:trophy:
I didn't even take any of those things into consideration. That's wild that you really think so. I feel super accomplished now. So just turn off the noise gate, no need for the delay or reverbs?

the noise gate is so tight it cuts off anything that isn't being pummeled...hard to sustain anything unless it gets to feeding back. Other than turning off the gate the only thing I might do is increase the gain on the lead scene drive block, there's already plenty of gain for my taste but if you want a saxophone tone you can't really have too much for leads. the delay sounds great, I bet a light phaser or chorus in front of the amp would rocket that lead to mars.

I downloaded the 6160 patch and I didn’t have your IR so I replaced with ML Zilla V30 which sounded great then thought well maybe I should try something everyone has access to so replaced that with the ML Greatest IR in the world IR & it sounded fantastic as well. Yeah that noise gate is ridiculous, turned it right off. Opened everything right up. I just added in the SDD Preamp on channel C & the FET Preamp on Channel D on the drive block with a low & high cut 120/6,500. I like em better than the TS. You had the Amp dialed in so nice & I think the SDD & FET just bring out more natural amp tone. I used em very sparingly, they both can add a lot of gain & the 6160 is already pretty brutal. And then I added the stereo Tri-Chorus at 12% mix on channel C, just to add a bit of flavor without sounding chorusy. I did it with the Triangle chorus too, but liked the Tri-chorus better. Seemed to articulate the note to note better. And that was it. I personally think ya made a great patch as well, I just played it for about 40min.
Btw, the changes I made are only what I tend to gravitate towards. I can post the patch if you’re interested.

I downloaded the 6160 patch and I didn’t have your IR so I replaced with ML Zilla V30 which sounded great then thought well maybe I should try something everyone has access to so replaced that with the ML Greatest IR in the world IR & it sounded fantastic as well. Yeah that noise gate is ridiculous, turned it right off. Opened everything right up. I just added in the SDD Preamp on channel C & the FET Preamp on Channel D on the drive block with a low & high cut 120/6,500. I like em better than the TS. You had the Amp dialed in so nice & I think the SDD & FET just bring out more natural amp tone. I used em very sparingly, they both can add a lot of gain & the 6160 is already pretty brutal. And then I added the stereo Tri-Chorus at 12% mix on channel C, just to add a bit of flavor without sounding chorusy. I did it with the Triangle chorus too, but liked the Tri-chorus better. Seemed to articulate the note to note better. And that was it. I personally think ya made a great patch as well, I just played it for about 40min.
Btw, the changes I made are only what I tend to gravitate towards. I can post the patch if you’re interested.
Yes please!

Back
Top Bottom