Starting from scratch again

rtcook

Experienced
Lately I have been questioning my patches. Seems they are not as nice sounding after all the firmware updates. So, I decided to create a new one from scratch to compare. All my patches are very simple amp/cab and maybe an effect or two. Mostly just amp/cab. The newly created patch turned out to better. Brought it back to what I thought it should be. Hard to explain the tone. So, now I'm going to rebuild all my patches. Anybody else experience the same thing or is it just something I think I'm hearing? Maybe the patches did not translate well over all the firmware updates?

Roger

Well, I would not say 11.05 sounds thinner. It does sound better to me now that I have created a fresh patch. But, I guess that would not be a fair comparison since I have been using those same patches since V9 firmware. I'd have to create a fresh patch in a prior firmware to confirm. I am just saying my patches have changed very slightly through the firmware updates. I confirmed that with the fresh patch.

Well, I would not say 11.05 sounds thinner. It does sound better to me now that I have created a fresh patch. But, I guess that would not be a fair comparison since I have been using those same patches since V9 firmware. I'd have to create a fresh patch in a prior firmware to confirm. I am just saying my patches have changed very slightly through the firmware updates. I confirmed that with the fresh patch.

True 11.xx sounds awesome. Better than the FW's before.
When making a fresh patch, or importing one over upgraded firmware there are no issues, it sounds great.

What I mean was having patches in 11.03 and update FW 11.05 over it. Then they sound thinner, like...... well explained in my first thread.

I always reset system parameters after updates. Most say it shouldn't change the sound, however to me it does. Maybe it's in my head, but I feel better :)

I always reset system parameters after updates. Most say it shouldn't change the sound, however to me it does. Maybe it's in my head, but I feel better :)

How do you reset system parameters? Change the block manually to another type, and then back again?

Back
Top Bottom