Star Wars: The Last Jedi Official Teaser Trailer

Everyone's going to be analyzing this to teaser to death, so here's a few things I caught that some might not have noticed:

- At 0:47, right before Rey says, "light", you can faintly hear part of one of Leia's famous lines from "A New Hope", "Help me Obi Wan (Kenobi)............" (at least I think you can
s3.gif
)

- At 1:16 you can see several Walkers in the distance. These were rumored to be in the movie, being refereed to as "Gorilla" Walkers. Also, I think the red dust is coming from the ground when contact is made to it, and not from the ships.

- At 1:32, if you pause it, you can see what looks like an A-Wing Fighter (left side of the screen, moving left). In "The Force Awakens", The Resistance only had X-Wings for some reason. Now we just need to have some Y & B-Wing Fighters to go with them. Oh, and SPACE BATTLE!!!! (something else "TFA" also lacked).

Ok, I'm done being a nerd.

- At 0:47, right before Rey says, "light", you can faintly hear part of one of Leia's famous lines from "A New Hope", "Help me Obi Wan (Kenobi)............" (at least I think you can
s3.gif
)
Yup. And when she says, "darkness" you can hear a line from the Emperor. There are two other quotes, but I can't make them out.

Yup. And when she says, "darkness" you can hear a line from the Emperor. There are two other quotes, but I can't make them out.

That's actually Obi-Wan Kenobi (Alec Guinness) from "A New Hope", saying, "Seduced by the dark side". It's from when he is telling Luke about a certain former pupil who "killed" his father. ;) The whole line is, "Vader was seduced by the dark side of the Force.":

The third voice (at 1:00) is Yoda from "The Empire Strikes Back", saying, "Surrounds us and binds us".

Looks like I wasn't done being a nerd after all. :D

TFA is by far my least favorite entry of the series, but am cautiously optimistic for the TLJ and really, really hope they get it right going forward.
I still despise the Ewoks in ROTJ as well as Episode I and most of Episode II as well (Only redeeming sequences are the Darth Maul end duel and Jango Fett vs. Obi-Wan in the rain sequences in those 2 movies IMHO).

At least TFA had characters delivering lines that did not feel robotic and a more coherent if slightly recycled plot line. The only incoherent head scratcher being, if there was a New Republic as well as a First Order, why was there also a Resistance? That part was not very well explained in the movie. Was the New Republic akin to Switzerland in WWII or like Vichy France? If like either, there was really no need for the First Order to wipe out the governing planet. If the New Republic wasn't neutral or in collusion with the First Order, then there really was no need for a separate Resistance.

TFA was just too much of a reboot of the original for me and I felt, overall, it was a movie made 'via spreadsheet'...just didn't like it at all.

But it was cool to finally hear Luke utter some dialog after almost 35 years....ohhhh yea...worked for me...:cool:

The last two minutes of Rogue One were just awesome. I'd been waiting to see a Vader sequence like that since 1977.

I freaked when I saw that the first time and it's one of my favorite, if not my absolute favorite, Star Wars scenes from any of the movies. An awesome return to form for the baddest space villain ever after being neutered in the prequels.

I freaked when I saw that the first time and it's one of my favorite, if not my absolute favorite, Star Wars scenes from any of the movies. An awesome return to form for the baddest space villain ever after being neutered in the prequels.
Agreed. So disappointed that the prequels didn't show any of Vader in action. Total letdown. I still enjoyed them but a letdown. Don't know if you are into comics or not, I'm not except for good Star Wars material, but Marvel is releasing a new Vader comic this summer that picks up right after Revenge of the Sith. I mean literally the last scene of Vader in that movie is where this comic is going to pick up. Should be pretty cool. Any body here watch the show Rebels? Great show. Vader is a bad ass in that show as well. He's only in a few episodes but they did them so well. James Earl Jones even voiced it.

Agreed. So disappointed that the prequels didn't show any of Vader in action. Total letdown. I still enjoyed them but a letdown. Don't know if you are into comics or not, I'm not except for good Star Wars material, but Marvel is releasing a new Vader comic this summer that picks up right after Revenge of the Sith. I mean literally the last scene of Vader in that movie is where this comic is going to pick up. Should be pretty cool. Any body here watch the show Rebels? Great show. Vader is a bad ass in that show as well. He's only in a few episodes but they did them so well. James Earl Jones even voiced it.
I just caught up on rebels recently and it really surprised me with how good it was. Definitely recommend it even thought it's aimed at kids primarily, I think I'm gonna go back and rewatch clone wars too since it's all on netflix

TFA was just too much of a reboot of the original for me and I felt, overall, it was a movie made 'via spreadsheet'...just didn't like it at all.

But it was cool to finally hear Luke utter some dialog after almost 35 years....ohhhh yea...worked for me...:cool:
but i feel like that was intentional since the prequels were largely derided and felt like they weren't even from the same series sometimes. it doing so many call backs to the originals was my fav part.

Back
Top Bottom