'Star Wars: Episode IX' - Teaser

My first reaction was, "someone make it stop." Then I couldn't stop watching. Hooked again.

giphy.gif

You guys do realize JarJar Abrams never finished anything to satisfaction, right? That all he's good at is selling you, the viewer, snake oil. The only way I could get ever get excited about another Star Wars movie would be if that big Mary Sue Rey were to fall to the Dark Side and Luke and Han were to come back to life out of sheer spite to send her into the Dark Side's cold embrace once and for all. Either that or Disney announces its to sell off Lucasfilm and Peter Jackson were to announce that he's bought the rights, parts VII and VIII never happened and he's going to start all over again.

Until then, count me out. I was lucky enough to not have seen the previous one after having the misfortune of having seen TFA.

You guys do realize JarJar Abrams never finished anything to satisfaction, right? That all he's good at is selling you, the viewer, snake oil. The only way I could get ever get excited about another Star Wars movie would be if that big Mary Sue Rey were to fall to the Dark Side and Luke and Han were to come back to life out of sheer spite to send her into the Dark Side's cold embrace once and for all. Either that or Disney announces its to sell off Lucasfilm and Peter Jackson were to announce that he's bought the rights, parts VII and VIII never happened and he's going to start all over again.

Until then, count me out. I was lucky enough to not have seen the previous one after having the misfortune of having seen TFA.

I loved Star Wars growing up

TFA was the first time I ever seriously considered walking out of a movie theater. And after all the things I've read and heard about TLJ I'm really not fussed that I haven't seen it

There'll have to be something exceptionally amazing happen in thus new film for me to want to see it
All the new characters are ar5e, and I really don't care what happens to them and they ruined all the classic characters

For me Star Wars ended with the prequels.

All I actually really care for is the soundtrack of the movie(s). 3 weeks ago I saw a symphony orchestra playing music by John Williams. Of course most tracks were from Star Wars. The complete second half actually. I was blown away!!! I love each and every one of them.

I loved Star Wars growing up

TFA was the first time I ever seriously considered walking out of a movie theater. And after all the things I've read and heard about TLJ I'm really not fussed that I haven't seen it

There'll have to be something exceptionally amazing happen in thus new film for me to want to see it
All the new characters are ar5e, and I really don't care what happens to them and they ruined all the classic characters

For me Star Wars ended with the prequels.

Who would have thought that the prequels would become high paragons of cinematic story telling compared to Disney Wars?

I agree that this new film has to be exceptional in order to make up for the last two, Better even then Empire Strikes Back. And considering that Jar Jar Abrams is directing it its highly unlikely. This guy is a hack who already ruined the first one, I'd take anything Michael Bay does over anything Jar Jar made. Explosions and special effects without story are still better then a story and characters that make no sense.

i usually love Abrams work, but these last two movies have been pretty rough. the franchise is trapped in it's own canon. they've got a whole universe to play in and they just can't seem to break free. imagine if the empire had been defeated and the first order had never risen...the possibilities are endless. i'm sure a whole bunch of people would have complained and said "it's not star wars!", but you can't keep making the same film over and over. having said that, i'll watch episode IX, because it's Abrams and because hope springs eternal.

Who would have thought that the prequels would become high paragons of cinematic story telling compared to Disney Wars?

I agree that this new film has to be exceptional in order to make up for the last two, Better even then Empire Strikes Back. And considering that Jar Jar Abrams is directing it its highly unlikely. This guy is a hack who already ruined the first one, I'd take anything Michael Bay does over anything Jar Jar made. Explosions and special effects without story are still better then a story and characters that make no sense.

Completely agree, but I would add Bay is capable of making a good film. 13 Hours was brilliant

That sums it up pretty nicely.

Which would you rather have to sit through, the last three Star Wars or the last three M.night Shymalan movies? Which Is the lesser evil?

Hopefully there is some overhaul coming that can restore the franchise to its previous stature.

That sums it up pretty nicely.

Which would you rather have to sit through, the last three Star Wars or the last three M.night Shymalan movies? Which Is the lesser evil?

Hopefully there is some overhaul coming that can restore the franchise to its previous stature.

I have not seen M night's last three movies. But in his defense I'll say that he at least has delivered some excellent movies with The 6th Sense and my favorite Unbreakable, the Village was not bad and even Signs was still okay, even though the aliens were the dumbest ever. I've still to find a Jar Jar movie which in the end did not piss me off.

As for a Star Wars overhaul, its not going to come from Disney or Jar Jar. They have neither the vision nor the talent for it. And with the current social justice trend in control of Hollywood they're not going to do it either. The best thing for Star Wars is to die, let it linger in limbo for a decade or two and hope that Disney sells it off to somebody who cares for it again. And then does a reboot with a new episode VII to IX. Normally I'm not a big fan of movie reboots, but this is the best thing, no the only thing that can save Star Wars. Hopefully others will agree as well and sit this movie out. The worst thing that can happen is people still going to this movie because 'It's Star Wars, man!' If the movie does not bomb at the box office we will get more of this Disney Wars stuff. And this stuff stays canon. Do we really want Han Solo's hero's journey to be from rogue to hero back to deadbeat dad rogue again? Luke's from innocent farm boy to the one who saves the wizard's order to a hermit recluse who doesn't give a rats ass about the Jedi or the Sith?

Stay away from this movie. Do not reward Disney for what they have done with any more money. Let this franchise die so it might get saved in the future, before it becomes forever tainted. But based on most of the replies here I am not hopeful. Still too many people who seem willing to go 'just because Star Wars, man!'. Still too many people who think Jar Jar is some kind of movie wizard who will save the day, when he's just a snake oil selling hack who already did unspeakable things with the franchise. Like he's a man with a vision when he just makes stuff up as he goes along rehashing old stuff. But never the really good bits. Of course, everyone is free to do whatever they want, it's a free world out there. I'm just a guy on the internet. No hard feelings. I'll just ignore anything after episode VI and pretend that Timothy Zahn's Heir to the Empire trilogy is the real sequel. The waters of the Nile are oh so comfortable and warm. :cool:

Death Star laser dish. But the question is which one? DS1 or DS2? I’m guessing DS2.
View attachment 54052

Based on previous levels of originality, it could be DS3 brought down (again) by the same Achilles heel design flaw. I wouldn’t rule out anything given the recent efforts.

Star Wars has become pretty much what the Cubs were before new ownership changed course. They put out garbage every season, but it didnt matter as profit was independent of quality . Lest we forget there was a Charlie’s angels sequel...As long as people keep going to these films the formula won’t change.

Struggling to think of a franchise that created such a rift amongst its fans. Let’s hope the optimism is rewarded this time, and it unifies the fan base again.

Back
Top Bottom