Star Trek: Picard

I’ve enjoyed Picard all along (no matter what anyone says!) but man – on the last two eps, they really hit their stride. Just dazzling.

(And I won’t lie – I’m hoping that Amanda Plummer gets to call the Titan “you mother*ckers” before this is over. Or at least call Picard “hunny bunny.”)

I’ve enjoyed Picard all along (no matter what anyone says!) but man – on the last two eps, they really hit their stride. Just dazzling.

(And I won’t lie – I’m hoping that Amanda Plummer gets to call the Titan “you mother*ckers” before this is over. Or at least call Picard “hunny bunny.”)
You deserve a like too, but that second line is hilarious!

Michelle Forbes was incredible. It honestly didn't feel like she was acting...her emotions with respect to Picard, felt so real and genuine and vice-versa.

Jonathan Frakes (Ep. 4) has become quite the director!
I agree she was awesome! I was quite surprised when she turned up lol. Didn't Jonathan Frakes direct First Contact as well?

I knew she was going to be on because I had read an article earlier in the day.

He certainly did. My favourite Star Trek movie. I like the humour he brings to the set, just like Picard.
Definitely my favourite Star Trek movies too! 1996 that was originally released! I didn't realised that it was that long ago. I'm gonna have to go and watch now lol

Last edited:
I’m hoping that Amanda Plummer gets to call the Titan “you mother*ckers”
77cdec0816392d9d805b57f83f4f7c54.jpg

Man the last few episodes have really been a drastic improvement over the previous output. It actually seems like what I love about TNG being brought into the modern age (weird saying that about a futuristic sci-fi show).
I wish they wouldn't have butchered Willow the way they did, that's another missed opportunity.

What we are witnessing here is truly special…one can only hope that the corporate droids at the top of Paramount grok the potential of Terry Matalas’ vision and let him steer the Trekverse .
Wil Wheatons Ready room is also pretty cool for those of us who geek out on this shit.
(got to hang with him, and many other Trek luminaries back in 91, when I was Cruise director on a ship that had chartered the vessel to SeaTrek…but that’s another tale…..

What we are witnessing here is truly special…one can only hope that the corporate droids at the top of Paramount grok the potential of Terry Matalas’ vision and let him steer the Trekverse .
Wil Wheatons Ready room is also pretty cool for those of us who geek out on this shit.
(got to hang with him, and many other Trek luminaries back in 91, when I was Cruise director on a ship that had chartered the vessel to SeaTrek…but that’s another tale…..
I would watch the shit out of a Worf/Raffi spin-off.

Worf, yes. Raffi is the second or third worst thing about Picard.
3 worst Picard elements.

#3- Raffi
#2- Jurati
#1- Gay pirate picard

Last edited:
I'm taking back what I said. I'll give Season 3 a try and just try to ignore them killing Picard in Season 1. I have no plans to watch S2, and I'm still "done" with literally everything else, depending on what happens with the show runners and writers on future series.

The reason is because Anna TSWG, Critical Drinker, and Nerdrotic all praised the crap out of it, and at least one of them saw the whole thing before it came out. But...I'mma wait until it's all out.

Last two episodes have a rating of 9.1 on IMDB and they were great. Tonight’s episode, so far, has a rating of 9.3! Can it get any better? Can’t wait to watch it tonight.

I'm taking back what I said. I'll give Season 3 a try and just try to ignore them killing Picard in Season 1. I have no plans to watch S2, and I'm still "done" with literally everything else, depending on what happens with the show runners and writers on future series.

The reason is because Anna TSWG, Critical Drinker, and Nerdrotic all praised the crap out of it, and at least one of them saw the whole thing before it came out. But...I'mma wait until it's all out.
I ‘m not sure if any of the above saw all eps…perhaps, but most all pundits just got 1-6 …but my man Robert Meyer Burnett, whose truly deep and legit Trek connections (writer/director of comedy cult hit Free Enterprise starring the Shat, producer of hours of special features on the TNG Blu-ray etc), and amongst the most vicious critics of post 2009 Trek), did indeed see it all,and was instrumental in creating early buzz for the unconvinced and dubious masses …(not a shill)…and he and Matalas have had some very interesting online conversations..some of which include some of the above pundits.

I ‘m not sure if any of the above saw all eps…perhaps, but most all pundits just got 1-6 …but my man Robert Meyer Burnett, whose truly deep and legit Trek connections (writer/director of comedy cult hit Free Enterprise starring the Shat, producer of hours of special features on the TNG Blu-ray etc), and amongst the most vicious critics of post 2009 Trek), did indeed see it all,and was instrumental in creating early buzz for the unconvinced and dubious masses …(not a shill)…and he and Matalas have had some very interesting online conversations..some of which include some of the above pundits.

Yeah. My understanding is that he may have been the one that gave it to a couple of them with some stipulations. They haven't identified who "leaked" it. But....I think it's safe to say that it increased viewership, so if whoever did gets in trouble....well...that's another failure on Paramount/CBS's part. Anna has not seen it all. I believed Gary when he said he did.

Back
Top Bottom