Star Trek: Picard

I really really wanted to live Picard. Next Generation is my favorite Trek and I love hanging out in that world. But it was too dystopian for me aside from the episode where they found Hugh — only to kill him off the next episode.

The premise of the new season is time travel and alternate timeline and that’s not my bag. I’ll just keep rewatching the ones I love.

I have enjoyed Picard, and I look forward for Season 2.

But I have been watching Star Trek Discovery, just because of Michelle Yeoh, and now I can't believe how much of it I have swallowed. I am relieved that she left. I don't know what is the correct expression in English, but looking at the Spanish/English dictionary, perhaps "cloying". It is also sickly moralistic, and excessively ego-centered around the main character of Michael Burnham

But I have been watching Star Trek Discovery, just because of Michelle Yeoh, and now I can't believe how much of it I have swallowed. I am relieved that she left. I don't know what is the correct expression in English, but looking at the Spanish/English dictionary, perhaps "cloying". It is also sickly moralistic, and excessively ego-centered around the main character of Michael Burnham
I love it. A native Spanish speaker understands that show better than the writers do. I absolutely do NOT mean to insult you by saying that.

Cloying is one (mostly) correct way to describe the show, but the mistake isn't yours. Idioms are rarely perfect.

Man, I really need to get me a VPN subscription. I can't watch any of these trailers being posted here.

As for a Picard series, I'm not having much hopes. It's after all being made by the same people who made STD. Which is as bad as the venereal disease abbreviation its shares with.
I would not be so sure that
Season 3 of Picard is the steaming pile of excrement that most of the current custodians of Trek
Has pooped out…….
For a deep dive , here is last night’s online dis ussion betwwenthe Picard showrunner and one of the worlds most vocal and scathing critics of modern Trek

Not a fan of the whole reunion concept, but I liked the first two seasons.

At least it's not discovery.

I feel like a kid in a candy store watching this. It probably won’t live up to my expectations but I’m in!! Next Generation is my favorite Star Trek.
Me too. I had just finished college in 86 and started university in 87. I remember watching it with my roommate on Saturday afternoon’s during it’s first season. We couldn’t wait for the next episode.

Thought I would revive this thread now that we’ve seen 2 eps…….
I am with what seems to be the majority of oldskool Trek fans and pundits who have hated the iterations since 2009 believe…that this season’s show is
Easily the greatest we have seen since DS9………

Last edited:
Me too! I like the fact that the original music is in there from next nen and also the movies too. Especially at the end credits from First Contact I think!
The scoring , from what I’ve heard, is very purposefully linked to the plot/character development, and the composer’s office was the closest to showrunner and potential Trek savior Terry Matalas’……

purchased Paramount+ just to enjoy Picard Season 3.... i was able to binge S1 and S2, and i gotta say they are awesome.
looking forward to the reunion of the TNG cast....

I was sad to hear about Annie Wersching's passing. She made a great Borg Queen, and I liked her in other roles like on Bosch and 24. Didn't even realize she'd been battling cancer since 2020.

Back
Top Bottom