Star Trek: Picard

Don't want to be "that guy", because over all I liked a lot of season 3. But I thought when the signal coming from Jack stopped, and all of the assimilated Star Fleet personnel instantly went back to normal that it was a huge letdown. The poker scene was great, and the bit with Jack and Q sets up a follow up series if they want to do that.
Jack and Q sounds like a Ricky Lee Jones song.

Jack and Q sounds like a Ricky Lee Jones song.

I was a bit thrown by Q showing up. Don't get me wrong, I am absolutely here for it if there's more JDQ in our future. I just thought he, y’know, DIED at the end of S2. Then again, alternate realities, Q continuum stuff, who the hell knows really.

I was a bit thrown by Q showing up. Don't get me wrong, I am absolutely here for it if there's more JDQ in our future. I just thought he, y’know, DIED at the end of S2. Then again, alternate realities, Q continuum stuff, who the hell knows really.
I think they drag out Q when they are out of thought-out plots. His presence makes me cringe because the episode always seems to defy believability. They can throw anything in and Q's magic ability to screw with reality makes it OK, like it's Dallas making J.R. return after dying… "Ohhhh, it was all a dream!"

I think they drag out Q when they are out of thought-out plots. His presence makes me cringe because the episode always seems to defy believability. They can throw anything in and Q's magic ability to screw with reality makes it OK, like it's Dallas making J.R. return after dying… "Ohhhh, it was all a dream!"
Your thinking is so linear. ;)

I thoroughly enjoyed Picard S3. Was it perfect? no but damn near and I felt it brought things full circle in a really good way. Fitting wrap for a 30+ year ongoing storyline from TNG. One of my favorite moments from the season finale was after Data finishes up with what is clearly a long session with Troi, Riker shows up as Data is leaving. Riker says to Troi: "he's still batshit?". I laughed heartily. Bitter/sweet as it feels like at this point they've all hit their stride in their characters and the writing has been refreshing and pretty solid, especially considering Discovery (barf), If only they could keep this going but they're all in their senior years now. Similar to Marvel and finally getting Logan right only at the end of his story.

Last edited:
Great Season but they should not have killed off Liam Shaw, hes such a great actor
a spin off with him and his crew would have been awesome
one of the reasons i liked Discovery was Lorca and well they killed him off too

Last edited:
342634299_992245662201831_4617286381369056269_n.jpg

S3 was ok/good... S1 and S2 = garbage
S1 seemed like it had potential in the first few episodes, then it fizzled. Couldn't even finish watching S2. I really enjoyed S3, but other than bringing along Raffi, it was really a totally different show. S3 should have been S1 of Star Trek: The New Generation or like the rumours, Star Trek: Legacy and continue from there.

As someone else mentioned, they shouldn't have killed off Captain Liam Shaw...he was great. Would have been awesome to see him continue as captain, with 7 as number one.

S1 seemed like it had potential in the first few episodes, then it fizzled. Couldn't even finish watching S2. I really enjoyed S3, but other than bringing along Raffi, it was really a totally different show. S3 should have been S1 of Star Trek: The New Generation or like the rumours, Star Trek: Legacy and continue from there.

As someone else mentioned, they shouldn't have killed off Captain Liam Shaw...he was great. Would have been awesome to see him continue as captain, with 7 as number one.
Yup my thoughts exactly, he is a captivating actor with somewhat funny humor, if you have a chance watch 12 monkeys the series, he really shines in that series

I got rid of Comcast TV, kept the internet , of course and they give you a device much like Amazon Firestick\Roku and others. Called Flex-It's a free little box (USB). I added Paramount+ for $5 month and I get all the Star treks old and new. plus much, much more. Without comcast internet I believe it's $10.
Presently watching Voyager again, Kes and 7 of 9 are worth it. Plus it has some other Star Treks like, Strange New Worlds (Capt Pike), Discovery (which I liked) Picard, original one, well ALL of them plus much much more. Pretty cool for $5.
I have NO Interruptions even though it's wireless, with the NEW Xfinity wireless device.
I did try Sling for $450-it sucks big time. Cancelled it today!

Back
Top Bottom