AFIII Stanky C++

Yup, same here, was about to comment that. I import it and it impoYou need to preset. Something to do with the cab?... Or maybe the firmware? I'm on 11.01.

Just download the latest firmware 11.02 Beta #5 and it will work (I did this and it imported fine). Remember Leon will always be using the very latest FW including betas.

This preset is awesome by the way.

Just download the latest firmware 11.02 Beta #5 and it will work (I did this and it imported fine). Remember Leon will always be using the very latest FW including betas.

This preset is awesome by the way.
But I'm also on 11.0.2.

I'll test again tonight!

Holy shit...that was awesome! I've been holding off on getting the Axe III since it was released. (A few significant purchases had to be made in the same time frame.) There have been tons of clips that I've heard that have wowed me, but none more so than this one. You may have pushed me over the threshold, sir. It's only money, right? LOL

But I'm also on 11.0.2.

I'll test again tonight!
It may be that you need the latest Beta #5 version of 11.02. When a preset comes up blank it is usually because it was created on FW that is a more recent version. I know this preset loaded for me on this latest FW beta #5 and sounded great. So give that a try, otherwise I'm not sure what it could be.

I once had to debug a C++ program written by a guy who's read way too many C++ books and used every single trick, including the ones the books explicitly advised not to use. The dude then went on to write a regular expression engine for Boost.

Stepping through it in the debugger I still spent 2 days trying to understand how it worked. I did eventually find the bug, but I also learned a valuable lesson that day. Nowadays when I write C++ I do it in the simplest, most straightforward way possible so that I can still read that code 6 months later. That buggy code, as "advanced" as it was, remains the etalon of "stanky C++" for me to this day.

I once had to debug a C++ program written by a guy who's read way too many C++ books and used every single trick, including the ones the books explicitly advised not to use. The dude then went on to write a regular expression engine for Boost.

Stepping through it in the debugger I still spent 2 days trying to understand how it worked. I did eventually find the bug, but I also learned a valuable lesson that day. Nowadays when I write C++ I do it in the simplest, most straightforward way possible so that I can still read that code 6 months later. That buggy code, as "advanced" as it was, remains the etalon of "stanky C++" for me to this day.
Debugging 'clever' code is always 'fun'....
MEME2020-01-04-10-23-58.jpg

It may be that you need the latest Beta #5 version of 11.02. When a preset comes up blank it is usually because it was created on FW that is a more recent version. I know this preset loaded for me on this latest FW beta #5 and sounded great. So give that a try, otherwise I'm not sure what it could be.

Weird... I've just checked a I have the Latest Beta (#5).. well the first one from this thread : https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...re-version-11-02-public-beta-5-beta_4.157025/

Just installed it 2 days ago.

Feels good to let rip after some downtime over Christmas.

Backing track is C++ and Recto quad tracked, lead is the C++ with the CC Boost.

Hello Leon,

Beautiful and disgusting... Simultaneously, wow!

Pretty much the reason why I had to get my hands on the Axe-fx iii. Before watching your vids I didn't have a full grasp of what this amazing thing can do. Masterful playing as always, sir.

What do you use to make the awesome drum tracks?

What do you use to make the awesome drum tracks?

I'm using Steven Slate Drums 5 for all the programmed stuff. There's a stock kit called "Chili" that I use a lot. I'm actually using a Kontakt library for bass as well, so the only "real" thing on there are the guitars.

Back
Top Bottom