Stange feedback/ sustain - help needed

bke

Inspired
Hi,

Hoping someone can help me with a problem. This seems only to have started recently (have had axe fx 2 since Jan 2012, never noticed this until last week).

When fretting around the 12th fret E string, the note sustains, then takes on this strange feedback type noise where the volumes appears to increase before fading away, in a very unmusical way. It seems to be mostly around that higher E octave note wherever I play in the fret board.

Happens on all my humbucker guitars, but more pronounced on the ones with unpotted pickups(which i suppose makes sense) Have checked same guitars on a couple of tube amps and the issue doesn't come up.

Have tried lowering pickups, changing strings etc..

I had been messing with advanced parameters on the speaker tab of the block but have since reset to factory and it still happens. Just taking say a jcm 800 amp and a 4*12 cab, sounds great except the sustaining this really bad feedback happens. Seems more pronounced with non factory IR's, ownhammer/redwirez

Have also unplugged everything (mfc, xlr etc) changed guitar cables.) no difference.

Will record example and add to post tomorrow, but any suggestions would be appreciated as have run out if ideas!

I've been assuming its something really stupid, but have reset to factory a few times, checked IO settings, levels etc but am totally stumped!

Cheers

Things like this COULD be something stupid like a speaker with some kind of resonance, or a loose screw, or another item in the room you are playing in. Like a small glass thing or metal piece that vibrates. Disconnect ALL speakers and try some different headphones and see if you still get the noise!

Hi,

Hoping someone can help me with a problem. This seems only to have started recently (have had axe fx 2 since Jan 2012, never noticed this until last week)....
Cheers

Which makes me think that it's not an Axe issue (didn't exist before...) Cables, power, etc.

But JepKristof is right, pointless if no information on chain, and a recording of the phenomena...

Back
Top Bottom