Standard/Ultra firmware 11

See... people were bitching but I did what I could. I didn't need to update the old products and most companies probably wouldn't have. I've been working 12 hours a days, seven days a week on the II but I spent a few days porting what I could of the G2 power amp modeling over to the Axe-Fx and Ultra as a gesture to the community.

I'm actually quite proud of the new power amp modeling and I'm glad to hear it's being well received.

I would like to say thank you for porting over what you have been able to and for spending as much time as you have on not only the Axe-FX, but on the second one as well.

I still maintain that you need a beer and haven't told us any which way in which we can send such beer to you.

I still plan on buying the second Axe-FX, and using the first one in tandem. Products are first in line in my books.

Cliff

I don't post much but I would like to thank you for everything you do for us. Some of the people probably said things they really did not mean to say and are now thinking that it was wrong. People get a little to up-tight theses days and really need to think before they react. The Gen 1 boxes are amazing, still. I'm sure that the Gen 2 units are out of this world but I do not think that people should discount the Gen 1. It still kicks ass, even better now. Thanks again for thinking about us and seriously think about taking a break. We will hold down the fort until you get back and everything will be back to normal.

The Best,

Mj

I joke around on various forums but the new update was nice. I still love my little Ultra and plan to use it until I croak. Even if I get a newer model it will remain with me in my digital arsenal. :)

just updated myself

very very happy to be honest. made everything more natural sounding from top to bottom. I have a Mark iV patch that i have when the mood requires some metal and it is seriously good.

I find this upgrade more than just a feel thing... there's a hard to describe chewey-ness to the crunch sounds that was definitely missing before. Fantastic upgrade!

I been hooked on this thing the day I got it!!!! (v5.xx)....even with all it's so called imperfections!!
Great updates along the way with v10 being a giant leap!

v11......is by far a big huge improvement in feel and sound!! Tightening and improving the low end response and feel alone is
a major leap! (like night and day!).......not to mention the glistening slippery highs!!
Not to take anything away from all the updates......but for sure led up to this.

Yet to still checkout the other stuff under the hood!

Playing for over 30 years, .....live, recording and tech repair! ......this is all I do!
Of course have some parameter wish list of my own as everyone else like......

1. Cabinet rumbling sound inflections (low and highs).....add or takeaway
2. Amp Distortion/overdrive voice control.....(timbre control)

But who's complaining? :)

Though you didn't have to, thanks and great job on this update, we appreciate this!
Cliff, you da man......take a long well deserved break!

See... people were bitching but I did what I could. I didn't need to update the old products and most companies probably wouldn't have. I've been working 12 hours a days, seven days a week on the II but I spent a few days porting what I could of the G2 power amp modeling over to the Axe-Fx and Ultra as a gesture to the community.

I'm actually quite proud of the new power amp modeling and I'm glad to hear it's being well received.

This could be construed as condescending, maybe it's just the bitching getting to you a little. Or, maybe the update is just that good? Hope I can get past the Bad Checksum and hear it soon. Reading this thread, it seems it'll make people fall in love with you. :)

I spent a few hours playing with V11 last night. I think this is easily the best rendition of the amp modeling to date. The cloudiness I described in the lows is gone, as is most of the trash in the upper high end. I have ditched my global EQ settings after spending a few minutes with each amp patch.

Most importantly, I no longer need my comp block in my presets. I have used some mild compression with every tube amp and every Axe-FX patch for the last 6 years or so. It was an "always on" effect for me. Not anymore. That frees up some much needed resources as I want to experiment with some other things in my main patches such as PEQ on the delays and verbs. The odd thing is that I didn't have to do much tweaking to get rid of it. I wasn't digging my patches right away after upgrading even after losing the EQ. The dynamics felt wrong. I turned off the comp, and it sounded glorious. I did play with the sag, master, and drive settings ever so slightly to finish dialing it in, but it was pretty much there instantly.

The difference to the Trainwreck model is breathtaking. The other real stunner for me is the Fender models. I never really used them because they just didn't do anything for me. I never used them live. This is odd, because I like vintage Fender amps when I play them, but the Axe Fender models just didn't do much for me. Now, I love them. I don't know if I was dialing them in wrong before or if the power amp modeling made that much of a difference, but regardless they sound beautiful now. I dialed in a great Twin, Princeton, and Tweed Deluxe sounds that will definately be getting some live use very soon.

All things considered, I'm very happy with the update. I would be even happier if I had $2200 of gear money in my pocket. I know the difference would be somewhat subtle, but I like what Cliff did so much in V11 I'm really curious to see what he could do with a dedicated DSP for it.

D

Has anyone successfully updated their firmware with a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24. I saw there were some complications earlier in this thread, so I was wondering if anyone got it to work, or should I look for an alternative way to update?

Reguardless, I'm really stoked about all the feedback that v11 is getting, I can't wait to try it out!

Cliff and FA team,
A beeeeeg thank you for all your hard work. It seems fitting to end the firmware of the original Axe FX at 11 before the release of the G2 version. This one really has gone to 11 on many levels so hats off!

Back
Top Bottom