Stand-in switches weird behavior (tap and hold)

Denny99

Inspired
When I assign both a tap and hold function to the stand-in switches of my FC-6, they seem to behave in a weird way. The hold function is activated even if I just tap the switch. And it looks like the tap function is never executed for certain function (i.e. block bypass), while it works for others like tap tempo - even though, sometimes with just a single press the hold function fires up.

I'm using a couple of self-built double momentary switches, and I use them with TRS cables; but I even tried with a cheap momentary switch (similar to the popular BOSS FS-5U) and a classic TS instrument cable with no luck. If I setup the same tap and hold function to a button on the FC-6, it works perfectly.

What am I doing wrong?

IMG_8262.JPG

What am I doing wrong?
Change the polarity of the switch in the settings. You probably have NO switches and the unit defaults to expecting NC switches.

Setup > FC Controllers

Page over to the Remote tab and then scroll down and you see Ext. Switch (1-4) Polarity settings. Set it to REVERSE.

Change the polarity of the switch in the settings. You probably have NO switches and the unit defaults to expecting NC switches.

Setup > FC Controllers

Page over to the Remote tab and then scroll down and you see Ext. Switch (1-4) Polarity settings. Set it to REVERSE.

Thanks iaresee! That solved it.

Back
Top Bottom