Stand-in switches redefined for one preset only?

caballero59

Inspired
I'm wanting to have my stand-in switches start, stop, and erase the Looper on one preset only and select Scenes on all other presets. Is this possible? I've been staring at the FC Per-Preset and haven't seen a solution yet.

Thank you

Still not getting it so what am I missing?

I can set up a particular preset with per-preset looper functions. But, when I go to the FM3 Setup/FC Controllers/Stand-in Switches and assign

Layout: Layout6 Per-Preset
Switcher: Preset Placeholder

Then these external stand-in switches are assigned to a Per-Preset for every preset stored in the FM3 but I need them to default to scene selection. I'm probably not asking the question clearly enough.

In summary, I'm wanting to have one preset where the stand-in switches can be used for looper functions and for scene selection on every other preset

Last edited:
Still not getting it so what am I missing?

I can set up a particular preset with per-preset looper functions. But, when I go to the FM3 Setup/FC Controllers/Stand-in Switches and assign

Layout: Layout6 Per-Preset
Switcher: Preset Placeholder

Then these external stand-in switches are assigned to a Per-Preset for every preset stored in the FM3 but I need them to default to scene selection. I'm probably not asking the question clearly enough.

In summary, I'm wanting to have one preset where the stand-in switches can be used for looper functions and for scene selection on every other preset
click the Override button in the layout, and it will be just for that one switch (or multiple) for that preset

The regular Per-Preset switch functions will cause changes for all presets and you'd need to define the switch functions for every single preset. If you only want one preset to behave differently, use a Per-Preset Override instead. It's a different critter that lets you override the tap and hold functions of any layout switch for just the current preset.

Assign your layout switch functions and stand in switches the way you want them to work for all other presets.

Then, switch to the preset you need to behave differently and for each of those layout switches assigned to your stand in switches, click the Override button to change its function to the needed looper function for just that current preset.

The regular Per-Preset switch functions will cause changes for all presets and you'd need to define the switch functions for every single preset. If you only want one preset to behave differently, use a Per-Preset Override instead. It's a different critter that lets you override the tap and hold functions of any layout switch for just the current preset.

Assign your layout switch functions and stand in switches the way you want them to work for all other presets.

Then, switch to the preset you need to behave differently and for each of those layout switches assigned to your stand in switches, click the Override button to change its function to the needed looper function for just that current preset.
This. Let the Per-Preset switch override whatever switch you want it to in your preset.

Ok, thanks a lot guys. I'm going to do some serious mental labor studying the latest responses before I bother you all again (but hopefully not).

Last edited:
Seriously guys, I'm starting to feel stupid and about ready to give up. I can easily get my preset for looping to display Record, Play, and Erase in the LED displays using overrides (so far, so good).

What I don't have a clue how to do is use Edit to assign stand-in switches to the three buttons on the unit. If I go to the FM3 unit itself and go into Setup/FC Controller/Stand-in Switches, the assignments are global and are active for every preset. There is not one single button in Edit that shows where a Stand-in switch can be assigned to an FM3 switch.

Mr_Fender wrote: "...and for each of those layout switches assigned to your stand in switches"

This is the part I don't get because on the unit itself in Setup, the stand-in switches are assigned to a function and not a switch, for example, scene select, turn Drive on, etc.

A 'Stand-In' switch is when an 'external' switch is plugged into one of the 'Pedal' jacks and is remotely activating one of Switches of a particular Layout that has been designated for use as a 'Stand-In' switch.

Is that what you are doing? What external switch are you using? How is it connected to your FM3, or FC Pedal?

"one of Switches of a particular Layout that has been designated for use as a 'Stand-In' switch"

This is the part I don't get. I have previously went to setup on the unit and assigned a stand-in switch to a function. It was never associated with a switch on the FM3 and worked fine. Is this the clue to my ignorance? Pardon me for being so damned tedious. Going to hit the sack and give it a rest until tomorrow.

Stand In switches are not directly assigned functions. There's two columns for each external switch listed on the Stand In Switch page of the FC Controllers menu: Layout and Switch. For Layout, you can select one of the nine available layouts. For Switch, you can select one of the twelve available switches in that particular layout. That's it. To set the functions, you edit that same switch number in that particular layout.

If you are using your external switches directly assigned to functions in the MIDI/Remote menu, those assignments are global and cannot be changed per preset.

Last edited:
You want to use Overrides, not stand in switches.
Chris, you will have to hold my hand like a baby. There seems to one essential piece of the puzzle that is missing so that I cannot complete the process. If you will indulge me, these are steps I have done:

On the FM3, I set it up as follows for scene changing on all presets except my looper preset:

IMG_2711.JPG

Back
Top Bottom