Wish Stand-in Switch overrides

ethomas1013

Fractal Fanatic
It would be useful to override a stand-in switch function on a layout. As an override, users who don’t want to assign the stand-in switch function in each layout can assign it globally and not be bothered with assigning it in each layout.

Reactions: AZG
Stand-In switches don't change per layout. you assign it once and that's it. unless i'm misunderstanding.

Yes, that’s the current behavior. The wish is for the ability to override the stand-in switch assignment(s) per layout.

You commented on this in another thread when it was brought up. You made to observation that you didn’t want to have to assign stand-in switches on every layout. So the request is the ability to override the stand-in switch assignment(s) on a layout basis. If no override is assigned, the stand-in switches maintain their previous (global) assignments.

I hope that makes sense.

oh i see. didn't understand the original post.

can you not assign the override to actual switch (that the stand in refers to) currently?

Per-preset, I suppose, but not per-layout. The wish is to have my stand-in switches do different things depending on the layout I’m in. Probably pretty specialized. I don’t know if many users would want to do this.

Last edited:
i see. i think the underlying wish is still Stand-In Switches per Layout. the "override" suggestion is confusing the wish because Override is a thing already. an Override doesn't change per Layout currently, so going through an "override" wish would have to add that function to the existing Override function.

probably cleaner to just continue with the underlying wish.

Back
Top Bottom