Stand-in switch / MIDI help

GaryB

Inspired
Hey all. I’m having trouble programming a stand-in switch. I know it’s operator error on my end, but I’ll be darn if I can figure it out. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

What I’m trying to do – Using an external tip-sleeve pedal (M-Audio sustain pedal), to send an on/off (mute/unmute) MIDI signal through the Axe to a TC Helicon. I’ve got that working. Here’s what I have setup:

-TS pedal plugged into FC-12 switch 3+4 jack
-CS MIDI Control Switch 3 enabled, with the appropriate type/channel/number/values set (this works)
-Stand-In Switches in FC menu…FC1 SW3 mapped to Layout 3, Switch set to 6-Control Switch Latching
-Axe MIDI out connected to the Helicon MIDI in

The external pedal works fine and sends the appropriate MIDI signals. However, my FC Switch #6 is also sending a MIDI signal and I can’t figure out why. The external pedal is sending an on/off signal…One press on, next press off. The FC Switch #6 is only sending the off signal. In case it matters, the off value is 00, the on value is 64.

I’m only using Layout 2 on the FC, and I have FC Switch #6 set up to enable/bypass output 2 on the Axe. If the Helicon is on via the external pedal, FC Switch #6 sends the off MIDI signal, but does not toggle the output 2. If the Helicon is off via the external pedal, the FC Switch #6 just toggles the Axe output 2 back and forth, no MIDI signal. FC Switch #6 is acting the same relative to that MIDI signal no matter what layout I’m on. Note….If I have the Helicon on via the front panel (not using the external pedal), the FC Switch #6 does not send a MIDI signal and just toggles the output 2. I have to have something mixed up in the way I have the switches programmed. In case it helps, I’m attaching a system+gb+fc.syx file. Help?

Attachments

• 190812-105232-system+gb+fc.syx
    192.6 KB · Views: 0
A little more diagnosis as I'm experimenting...Somehow or another, FC Switch 6 is tied to Control Switch 3, but I don't know how. If Control Switch 3 has been triggered by the external pedal (regardless of the on or off triggering....Slightly different from what I reported above), the next time I hit FC Switch 6, FC Switch 6 triggers the opposite of what Control Switch 3 last did (Control Switch 3 last sent an "on" value, FC Switch sends an "off" value the next time it's pressed, and vice versa). The FC Switch 6 only sends the Control Switch 3 signal once. Unless/until I trigger the Control Switch 3 from the external pedal again, the FC Switch 6 only sends Control Switch 1 signal (what it's supposed to do).

Back
Top Bottom