Not a Bug Stand in Switch bug?

gdgross

Experienced
I have a stand in switch on all layouts that don't normally use switch #10. (FM3 only layouts). It's on FSW2 - ring.

It's set up to bypass/engage the pitch block on a short press and bypass/engage a PEQ block on a long press. But I'm getting what looks like unpredictable bypassing and engaging on both blocks. I recorded a video to illustrate the problem.

The physical switch is a momentary switch, and i've confirmed the behavior without the switch by manually shorting the ring to the sleeve.

here's the vid: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bl7ek9n90ckg55n/IMG_1770.MOV?dl=0

my apologies if this is just user error! it certainly could be :)

Thanks!

Yes, as @chris says, please check the switch settings: HOME -> SETUP -> I/O -> Pedal Page. The Switch 1/2 Tip/Ring behavior is what you're after. Try changing it to NORMALLY OPEN/MOMENTARY MAKE.

OK, this half works.

WIth sw 2 ring polarity set to Normally Open/Momentary Make, and the Sw 2 Behavior set to "follow hardware", the hold function on the switch correctly bypasses the block (PEQ in my cas). But it only bypasses the block i've selected for the tap function when I hold the switch down. When I release, the block goes back to on.

If I set the sw 2 behavior to "virtual toggle" i get similar unpredictable results to what i was seeing earlier.

Any ideas? Can a stand in switch maybe not do both hold and tap functions?

Any ideas? Can a stand in switch maybe not do both hold and tap functions?
It can do both tap and hold. Do you mind uploading your configuration?

Also, I took another look at your video. Is that a TRS cable going into the switch?

It can do both tap and hold. Do you mind uploading your configuration?

Also, I took another look at your video. Is that a TRS cable going into the switch?
good to know, thanks - and happy to upload my config, how do i do that though?

The cable is TRS to two separate TS cables (one for the switch in my mission "wah" pedal, and one for this switch)

good to know, thanks - and happy to upload my config, how do i do that though?
  1. Open Fractal-Bot and connect to the FM3.
  2. Choose "Receive Mode" at the top.
  3. Click Begin.
  4. Click Deselect All.
  5. Check the button for "System + FC."
  6. Click OK.

Thanks Bryant -

Here's the upload. The particular patch that I've been using is 003: Acoustic + Looper. Although I suppose the stand in switch would apply in any patch, but the blocks it controls might not be implemented in other patches.

Think you should only need bank 1, but I uploaded all of them anyway.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 201121-144948-system+gb+fc.syx
    192.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 201121-144948-bank-A.syx
    3 MB · Views: 1
  • 201121-144948-bank-B.syx
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • 201121-144948-bank-C.syx
  • 201121-144948-bank-D.syx
Here's the upload. The particular patch that I've been using is 003: Acoustic + Looper. Although I suppose the stand in switch would apply in any patch, but the blocks it controls might not be implemented in other patches.
Thanks for the files! I can reproduce this and it's a bug. I'm surprised this hasn't plagued anyone else yet. I should be able to take a closer look in the morning.

I was mistaken. This is a configuration error and not an easy one to detect. If you go to HOME->SETUP->MIDI/Remote->Bypass page, scroll down to Pitch 1, and change its value to NONE (or a CC value) then this will correct the behavior you are experiencing.

I was mistaken. This is a configuration error and not an easy one to detect. If you go to HOME->SETUP->MIDI/Remote->Bypass page, scroll down to Pitch 1, and change its value to NONE (or a CC value) then this will correct the behavior you are experiencing.
AH, because I had it previously assigned as a normal external switch, so FM3 was trying to do both, right?

So close...

Back
Top Bottom