Stand-In Switch behavior bug

Conley Shepherd

Experienced
I have the master layout button 9 set for the tap/Tuner(hold) - setup in the AF3 for FC1SW2 (issue with FS-6 button mapping with Axe F-X III to make button A on the FS-6 button 1 in the stand-in menu)

When I press the tap and let up every other time, the tuner comes on. I am not able to set a good tempo because the tuner keeps interrupting the tempo. I am doing a good tempo as well, not holding down the button very long at all.

Thoughts?

Please try changing your polarity setting and see if you have better results: Setup -> FC Controllers -> Remote page, Ext. Switch X Polarity

no change - I have tried the polarity on the switch as well, but no bueno. Every time the tempo is done, the tuner comes up

I have also refined my test - no longer every other time I try to enter tempo, but after the tempo presses are done and tempo changed, the tuner comes up.

I have the master layout button 9 set for the tap/Tuner(hold) - setup in the AF3 for FC1SW2 (issue with FS-6 button mapping with Axe F-X III to make button A on the FS-6 button 1 in the stand-in menu)

When I press the tap and let up every other time, the tuner comes on. I am not able to set a good tempo because the tuner keeps interrupting the tempo. I am doing a good tempo as well, not holding down the button very long at all.

Thoughts?
Sounds like you have your FS-6 configured for latching operation. It has switches for that on the back. You want “momentary,”

Sounds like you have your FS-6 configured for latching operation. It has switches for that on the back. You want “momentary,”
If this is not the case, feel free to send me your "System + Global Blocks + FC" backup from Fractal-Bot. If it's a specific preset please send that to me, too.

All set to momentary. Not sure how it is the TRS cable issue since it is a 1-1 on each end.

Attachments

• 190624-145617-system+gb+fc.syx
    192.6 KB · Views: 1
Just set one of these up the other day. Switches were set as shown in this picture. Used the battery it came with for power and then a single TRS cable plugged into the middle jack. On the Axe-Fx, had to reverse the polarity I believe:

750-FS6_detail4.jpg

Thx for the reply Chad, I have 2 of those - tried the polarity and no bueno. Have you setup the stand in switches with a tempo /Tuner setup without issue? Both of my FS-6 units behave the same way where button A is not button one and the tuner comes on after the tempo selection is done. It is entirely possible I have something setup wrong, but this switch is a pretty simple operation. Mode - momentary and tried both switch polarities.

ok, I think I may have ironed the tuner issue out. Gonna try it some more. I tried the tap/tuner function when I was in the stand-in page. I rebooted the AF3 and in the preset - not more issue with the tuner. Still trying to figure out why A and B are swapped...

This is just an FWIW - I had same thing when I build my own 4-switch/3 pot switch box. I initially tested FX III and FC 6 with a switch I had sitting around to see how this all works, got it but in hind sight I remember it SEEMED weird at first, but finally "it just worked." So when I plugged in NEW custom switch box and assigned Tuner/BPM and Scene up/down to new switches (using AXE edit) I got same thing you report on tuner/BPM. However, I finally just assigned it, double checked switch settings (follow HW), turned off AXE Edit and rebooted FX III - when I rebooted the FX III it worked as expected. I seem to have trouble assigning functions to stand-in switches and sometimes getting this sort of "weird" behavior - UNTIL I reboot FX III, then it's all as expected. Again just FWIW

This is just an FWIW - I had same thing when I build my own 4-switch/3 pot switch box. I initially tested FX III and FC 6 with a switch I had sitting around to see how this all works, got it but in hind sight I remember it SEEMED weird at first, but finally "it just worked." So when I plugged in NEW custom switch box and assigned Tuner/BPM and Scene up/down to new switches (using AXE edit) I got same thing you report on tuner/BPM. However, I finally just assigned it, double checked switch settings (follow HW), turned off AXE Edit and rebooted FX III - when I rebooted the FX III it worked as expected. I seem to have trouble assigning functions to stand-in switches and sometimes getting this sort of "weird" behavior - UNTIL I reboot FX III, then it's all as expected. Again just FWIW
and all of that makes sense! Thanks for the reply. I was about to wonder what in the world I was doing wrong! ;)

Reactions: Rex
ok, all buttons are working now.

2 things
1. Need option to swap tip/ring for controller inputs - I don't know what the standard is for that
2. The behavior of the tuner is that I press hold to go on and then press hold for it to go off..- Shouldn't any non-tuner button press turn the tuner off when selecting that button function? I was expecting it to.

Now to figure out which features I need for those stand in buttons. Really nice feature to get some extra button controllers. :)

2. The behavior of the tuner is that I press hold to go on and then press hold for it to go off..- Shouldn't any non-tuner button press turn the tuner off when selecting that button function? I was expecting it to.
Currently, the following cause the tuner to be turned off:
1. Activating the tuner switch
2. Changing layouts
3. Exiting the tuner from the front panel

Sorry I didn’t respond sooner. Looks like you have it sorted out. But I echo the same experience in setting these up. I have gotten used to just plugging in all switches and assigning the stand ins how I want them in the master layout. Then using the FC stand in menu on the axe Fx I map the physical switches to the correct stand in as its hard knowing from vendor to vendor which switch will be what. It’s been trial error by pressing switches to see what they are, then mapping. Same with polarity. But really love how easy it is to sort out on the AxeFx side given all the options available. Makes for easy setup no matter what switches are used.

Back
Top Bottom