Stand for small rack enclosure

goodwill559 said:
I've gone with a mobile solution that involves installing a pair of strap-locks to the rack sides and an extra guitar strap.

Guitar on the right, and axe-fx on the left. Works great for making quick preset edits.

:lol: I demand pics!

HailHalford said:
goodwill559 said:
I've gone with a mobile solution that involves installing a pair of strap-locks to the rack sides and an extra guitar strap.

Guitar on the right, and axe-fx on the left. Works great for making quick preset edits.

:lol: I demand pics!

I wish!

Maybe someone with photoshop skills can get it done.

JustinAiken said:
I want something like this:

http://www.quiklok.com/catalog/?p=produ ... ame=WS-540

It would be the perfect height! It's get lots of negative review though :(
That might be a good choice. I have its big brother, the WS-550. That one is just too wide. You have to toe in the legs to get it to hold a rack case, and that's a disaster waiting to happen.

What negative reviews have you seen on the WS-540?

Well, actually only one negative review, at Amazon.. but because it's the only review, it makes it look like a 1 star product..

Maybe I should just try..

I've read comments that the stand you're thinking of (Quik-Lok WS-540) is rather sturdy, and that the more weight you put on it, the more stable it gets. rmbaylin and I discussed its pros and cons earlier in the thread. Quik-Lok sells this as a speaker stand; it's intended to hold house speakers up to 300 lbs. It might be worth a shot.

I wound up going with an Ultimate amp stand (I found a used one at Music-Go-Round at a price I couldn't pass up). It's only a three-point support, so I have stability concerns, but it turned out to be more stable than I expected, and it's low enough to the ground that if my rack does take a spill, at leats it's not going far. I might have to gin up someting like bluesdoc's booster, though, because I have to bend down a bit to reach it while standing. I did have to cut some metal tubing to extend the support bars to span a 4-space rack case.

Back
Top Bottom