Stand for nitro finish guitar(s)

Dave Merrill

Axe-Master
Are there any reasonably priced stands that are ok for nitro finish guitars?

I just got a second one, and keeping them in their cases is annoying. I also have an inexpensive non-nitro guitar, and, and a similar level bass, so a multi stand could make sense. (The walls in my "studio" aren't good for wall hangers.)

I've seen the nice wood ones from Zither, but the least expensive one is $99, and holds one guitar. That's what my local fairly high end shop uses, plus wall hangers.

There's also the Rok-It RI-GTR-RACK5, $50, holds 5 guitars, metal, and "generous padding on this rack ensures your instruments' finishes are protected", says Sweetwater, but I'm not sure I believe it.

Thoughts?

I have a white 87 LPC with a nitro finish, that's yellowing nicely. I used to keep it on a tripod stand with the foam pads and the foam reacted with the neck and body and left a couple of orange spots. I keep it on a Hercules 5 guitar stand now, but just to be safe, I placed some terry cloth rags on the foam where the body and neck rest. I was thinking of getting some terry cloth bicycle handle or tennis racket tape to wrap around those areas on the stand.

Currently I'm using a Konig&Meyer stand for my main axes (the others are suspended to a rail by Hercules holder) and I'm a little worried for my core PRS...

I just shredded an old shirt and used that where things connect. Could also grab an old towel or any cloth without oil and use that?

have many nitro finished guitars... I primarily use string swing and they have been fine. also have a rockstand 7-guitar that have not had issues with either. also have on stage flip top style. Have a few other generic musician's friend stands that have not been a problem either.

Back
Top Bottom