Stand for Axe rack when using wedges

I hear you. Tweaking at gigs is dodgy at best, though it's handy to be able to tweak your monitor level, see your tuner, verify what patch you're on, etc.

On the other hand, tweaking at rehearsal is reason enough for me to want to elevate my rig.
Totally agree, and I do occasionally tweak monitor output level - but that's it.

Axe-Fx Tripod Stand

I made a stand from some Ultimate Support parts -- a tripod base, some keyboard arms... added a boom to hold mic/setlist/iPhone. It is VERY stable and easy to break down/move. The wedges and MFC-101 sit nicely between the legs. Tweaking at gigs may be a no-no, but I tweak plenty at jams, but I'm pretty fast with the front panel.

Attachments

• IMG_0023.jpg
    IMG_0023.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 100
http://www.thomann.de/gb/millenium_as2001.htm
129404.jpg

Cheers!
- jonah

I have an almost identical stand to this, if you remove the L shaped bits you rest the unit on you can switch them over so the longer side is on the bottom. I have my 4U rack on one on the highest setting, which is about hip height (but i'm 6'6") and it's solid as a rock, you can barely move it when you want to let alone knock it over. I rest my 2x12 against the bottom too pointing at the back of my head which seems to work really well.

I made a stand from some Ultimate Support parts -- a tripod base, some keyboard arms... added a boom to hold mic/setlist/iPhone. It is VERY stable and easy to break down/move.
Nice! I've always been a bit nervous about tripod bases for stability reasons, but it looks like you're using a speaker stand base, and their use is pretty universal, so they must be stable enough.

With any stand that raises the rack, I'm concerned about what will happen if someone walks into it accidentally. That seems to impart a lot more force than the usual push-on-it-to-see-how-stable-it-is test.

How do you attach the rack case to the tripod?

Last edited:
I have almost the same stand as moltisanti. Works well, but is the hardest to transport due to the odd shape/size.

I was thinking to buy this stand http://www.thomann.de/gb/millenium_as2001.htm , which is like yours, but I'm afraid the rack will slip away from that stand, what's the system of yours ?
That stand would put a lot of up-tilt on the rack. That's not a problem by itself, but with a lot of up-tilt, the back supports need to be long enough to contact the top of the rack case. Otherwise, it doesn't take much force to tip the case backward and topple it from the rack. The back supports on this stand are 15 cm long. That would probably be long enough for a two-space rack, but it would be too short for a four-space rack.

That's essentially the same as my TV tray. But I ordered something like that waist high one. We'll see. Less than $50 so it's not like I'm taking a great chance. Plus I still have my TV tray.

Back
Top Bottom