Stage View (Concept)

cnaufel

Experienced
Hello guys! I am missing a lot the AX8 "Stage" view that was very handy and intuitive for live presentations. Also bigger letters would help a lot.
On this sense, pivoting the AX8 concept to the FM3, came to me some ideas of having a new tab with a STAGE/GIG VIEW. Since FM3 is to be used as a floor unit, I was playing around with some strategies and concepts. Of course it is very easy to dream without resources limitation and difficulties for implementation. Also I imagine that this would take some serious interface sw/coding development.

The whole concept is similar to the AX8: Blocks used on specific Presets would appear on the matrix. User would customize it per preset, like AX8.

• Single switch press: Turn ON or OFF the correspondent selected block (yellow line)
  • Hold switch: Would go down down one block selection (1s). If keep it pressed (holding) would go to further down until reach the column bottom, afterwards go to top again.

Being so, Holding Switches would be used to navigate selection of the correspondent column.

Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 15.15.35.png

Since this is a Discussion Forum, would like to know your thoughts and different ideas on it. Pros and Cons...Strategies with the existing views would also be welcome! Also our big boss and creator of this masterpiece (where I have total respect and gratitude) about its feasibility would be welcome!

Last edited:
That is a great concept. The FM3 seems a bit less stage friendly than did the AX8. I have pretty bad eyes, so anything larger and colorful is of benefit, especially when we do outdoor gigs.

I would like to be able to see preset and/or scene name in big letters.
Really like the black background and light color letters. Much easier to read than black on white background.
Good input! I chose any color just to show concept. Of course it could be other ones and different among them. Good idea. It could also be presets or scenes, tuner, you name it.

Hello guys! I am missing a lot the AX8 "Stage" view that was very handy and intuitive for live presentations. Also bigger letters would help a lot.
On this sense, pivoting the AX8 concept to the FM3, came to me some ideas of having a new tab with a STAGE/GIG VIEW. Since FM3 is to be used as a floor unit, I was playing around with some strategies and concepts. Of course it is very easy to dream without resources limitation and difficulties for implementation. Also I imagine that this would take some serious interface sw/coding development.

The whole concept is similar to the AX8: Blocks used on specific Presets would appear on the matrix. User would customize it per preset, like AX8.

• Single switch press: Turn ON or OFF the correspondent selected block (yellow line)
  • Hold switch: Would go down down one block selection (1s). If keep it pressed (holding) would go to further down until reach the column bottom, afterwards go to top again.

Being so, Holding Switches would be used to navigate selection of the correspondent column.

View attachment 76582

Since this is a Discussion Forum, would like to know your thoughts and different ideas on it. Pros and Cons...Strategies with the existing views would also be welcome! Also our big boss and creator of this masterpiece (where I have total respect and gratitude) about its feasibility would be welcome!

Not sure your stage view would work with all the options that available with the foot switches. You have scenes, FX mode, looper, tuner, momentary, etc. I only use scenes, which would be straight forward, but what about guys who have the FC6?

Not sure your stage view would work with all the options that available with the foot switches. You have scenes, FX mode, looper, tuner, momentary, etc. I only use scenes, which would be straight forward, but what about guys who have the FC6?
I understand your point. I believe there is no “one size fits all”. Several people don’t have the FC6 (probably minority of users). The idea is to have another tab (like presets, layout, Levels, etc...) with such view where the main goal is use the unit “as is” / alone / independent (no additional hardware). And of course does not need to be the way I initially suggested. I could be different. I just don’t believe we are using the potential of a colorful and big screen for a floor unit. I always need to put my glasses or squat to read something.

I like the idea in general but I’d need to see the name of the scene and/or preset in large letters. Being able to choose which blocks are displayed for on/bypassed would be great. In its current form, it almost seems like the FM3 was designed to be used primarily on a desk as an interface.

Back
Top Bottom