Stack/ Hold Function with FC

Obadiah

Is there a way to configure a switch to perform the stack/hold functions? I looked at the options under tap and hold and there was nothing there about those functions. Maybe theres another way which I haven't heard about yet. Any information on this would greatly help and be appreciated. Thank you

I am thinking about this as well...considering adding an external switch, rather than use a switch on my FC6.
I have a on/off pedal connected to the 3/4 switch output on my FC6. I use it for a “temp vol boost,” push/hold on = boost, let go and its back to normal volume.
Really handy for quick, temporary 2.5 dB boosts to ONLY volume. Perfect for that little moment when I need a quick volume boost for a specific part, lead line, whatever.
I might just add a 2nd switch for the stack/hold function.
I don’t think I’ll use it enough to warrant a dedicated FC6 switch.

...I might just add a 2nd switch for the stack/hold function.
You can always add it as a per-preset switch, and just put it on the presets where it'd be used. It has taken me a while to start using per-preset switches on my FC-6, but I'm learning it's a great option for me, since I use a separate preset for every song.

Yeah, I am in for some of this... I already have ext switches configured for Hold but would love to switch between all 3 states.
So using a pedal to switch between OFF / Stack / Hold?
No way of doing this with a switch?

well you've got three states there, so a switch won't do it, because it only has two. an expression pedal can do it, with off and hold at the extremes and stack in the middle of the travel.
you could also use something like an lfo, envelope, the sequencer, pitch etc
or use scenes and tie off/stack/hold to a scene controller

use scenes and tie off/stack/hold to a scene controller
yeah, that's as far as I got. The long press could somehow be a third state.
I use a lot of delay / loop stuff and the Axe works really well for it.
Wonder if there's any other options...........

Wonder if there's any other options...........
I think the stack in the delay is equivalent to setting the feedback to 100%, so you could use two CSs, one that selects between hold and off and the other attached to the feedback knob.
The only downside is you have to edit the modifier min value when you want to change your normal feedback setting.

This can be achieved with an expression pedal, correct? Heel down would 0% = Off, halfway would be 50% = Stack and toe down would be 100% = Hold. Would that work?

This can be achieved with an expression pedal, correct? Heel down would 0% = Off, halfway would be 50% = Stack and toe down would be 100% = Hold. Would that work?

Set the modifier for off/stack/hold to exp1 or exp2 - if hold is 100% then in theory stack would be the 50% mark. Test it to be sure.

I am thinking about this as well...considering adding an external switch, rather than use a switch on my FC6.
I have a on/off pedal connected to the 3/4 switch output on my FC6. I use it for a “temp vol boost,” push/hold on = boost, let go and its back to normal volume.
Really handy for quick, temporary 2.5 dB boosts to ONLY volume. Perfect for that little moment when I need a quick volume boost for a specific part, lead line, whatever.
I might just add a 2nd switch for the stack/hold function.
Any Idea how you would use the switch as a modifire. I haven't completely grasped the concept of a modifire or what counts as one, let alone how to configure one. I thought that it's a volume pedal basically.

Any Idea how you would use the switch as a modifire. I haven't completely grasped the concept of a modifire or what counts as one, let alone how to configure one. I thought that it's a volume pedal basically.

As others have pointed out, there are 3 states to the stack/hold/off option...so I’m not sure a switch will be sufficient.
A switch is usable for any on/off function.
In my case I use a switch to engage/bypass a filter block that has a 2.5dB volume boost.
Anything with a little circle (in Axe Edit) can have a modifier attached to it’s function. That means either a switch OR an expression pedal, depending on the function you are controlling.

For more info, check the Wikipedia page that speaks about modifiers.
Hope that helps

Back
Top Bottom