Stack feature with Reverb question

Thenewexhibit

Experienced
Hello! Perhaps some of you have seen how I want to mimic strymon stuff! haha and the Nimbostratus model is SICK and sounds a LOT like the strymon big sky cloud setting. I always use the big sky on cloud to create pads where I can overlay notes to create chords. Fun stuff! The difference is that with the strymon, it stays completely clean and doesn't get wavery and scary/spooky sounding. It stays very clean and ethereal for as long as I hold it. With the stack function on the axe, it seems that everything starts out nice, but then everything starts getting out of tune and dissonant fairly quick. Is there a setting somewhere in the modifiers that causes this? Or is it the modulation of the reverb? Does the stack feature with the CS cause the reverb to feed back into itself over and over or something, causing the dissonance?

I think i saw a thread with very similar questions recently, and I believe Cliff indicated it’s to do with the modulation.

Check reverb modulation (Mod Depth, I believe) and turn it down/off.

Cliff mentioned that it's modulation that eventually degrades the repeats in the convolution, although he also implies that a 0 setting can still slowly degrade the repeats. Follow this thread for a few posts after Cliffs:

Got ya! I actually experimented with the mod depth and learned that that was the culprit, so thank you for the confirmation! I wonder how Strymon does that stuff. It also dawned on me that I could change the CS modifier to turn down the mod when doing these kinds of pads, so I think that can work well! I'm gonna check out that other thread too. Thank you!!!

OH SHOOT! I just saw now, there's no modifier available for the Nimbostratus Mod knob, huh?? :( Unless I'm missing something?

Last edited:
Nope, you're correct. You'd need to switch scenes and channels to change their values for your preset. If you think more users would also find a modifier for those parameters helpful, you can make a thread in the wish section.

Nope, you're correct. You'd need to switch scenes and channels to change their values for your preset. If you think more users would also find a modifier for those parameters helpful, you can make a thread in the wish section.
Is changing reverb channels with a hold function something that is feasible? I suppose it would eat another reverb channel, but I could assign a cs switch to change reverb channels that has the mod down, right?

Is changing reverb channels with a hold function something that is feasible? I suppose it would eat another reverb channel, but I could assign a cs switch to change reverb channels that has the mod down, right?

I haven't tried it, but I imagine it would work fine. I do know that reverb will continue to trail if you switch from a scene or preset to another scene or preset with reverb (and I don't think the reverb has to be enabled either).

You can't change channels with a CS...

OH SHOOT! I just saw now, there's no modifier available for the Nimbostratus Mod knob, huh??
If you think more users would also find a modifier for those parameters helpful, you can make a thread in the wish section.

If you're so inclined, download AE 1.06.01 and you can validate if attaching a modifier to that parameter works smoothly, i.e. causes no weird artifacts or crashes. More likely to get implemented if it is problem-free.

See this thread (which also has link to 1.06.01 download):

Back
Top Bottom