SRV Little Wing Tone Test

benvigil

Experienced
Just a quick tone test using AX8 to cop a convincing Stevie Ray Vaughan SRV tone. The AX8(FW 8.02) amp model is the Vibroverb with Tyler Grunds JBL E130 IR.

The guitar is a G&L Legacy Tribute w/ZexCoil SV5 pickups. I'm a metal player and pretty much picked up this guitar SOLELY to learn me some SRV, so keep that in mind as you listen. :)

I already had mad respect for the guy, but never in a million years did I think learning his style would be this hard. It's completely outside my wheelhouse, but here ya go...

Attachments

• SRV.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 188
Sounds like your either on course or in the strike zone, depending on which wheelhouse you were referring to. Very nice!

Nice go at it, particularly outside your zone. His original tone has the amps on the verge of explosion. That's hard to cop.

Sounds really good IMO! ... I worked after that sound for quite a while,.. and even used Tyler's format when I had the AXE FX II,. but I never seemed to be able to get it dialed in as good as he had it (?) ... I'll have to break out the SRV strat and see what this one sounds like - I'm in the same boat as you,. more of a Hard Rock guy,.. not so much blues :(

Back
Top Bottom