Square pegs and round holes.

That explains it. Because the FM hangs when you try to add a modifier to an amp block parameter; I've been using different channels for solo boosting. And because I want the same parameter assigned to whatever switch I want for my delay and filter block needs. I definitely struggle with the workflow of preset creation on Fractal stuff.
I am sure the hangs on amp block parameters will be addressed in the near future. Hang on.

Reactions: JTI
Ironically titled preset :rage::D

The solo button will work once every 3 or 4 presses and in general it; is slow as molasses to respond. I realize I am at high levels of CPU because I want that top tier reverb (that the audience won't be able to hear anyway).

Attachments

• JT_Marsh-GR_WORKS.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 3

The solo button will work once every 3 or 4 presses and in general it; is slow as molasses to respond. I realize I am at high levels of CPU because I want that top tier reverb (that the audience won't be able to hear anyway).
I am starting to get the impression that you are a fellow 'power user' (aka 'PITA' amongst developers). Hopefully the preset will help them figure out a problem and will be in a future firmware update soon. But, following this thread, it seems like the AxeFX3 might be the ultimate fix for removing limitations you are facing....

• Haha
I am starting to get the impression that you are a fellow 'power user' (aka 'PITA' amongst developers). Hopefully the preset will help them figure out a problem and will be in a future firmware update soon. But, following this thread, it seems like the AxeFX3 might be the ultimate fix for removing limitations you are facing....
I don't know if I'd give myself that much credit :oops:

Went ahead and hopped on the list :checkeredflag:
Welcome aboard!

I haven't found much of anything that was not possible with the AxeFX3, once a bit of thought process adjustment was applied. It's truly the top of the heap, and will be until years from now, when the AxeFX4 debuts....

Welcome aboard!

I haven't found much of anything that was not possible with the AxeFX3, once a bit of thought process adjustment was applied. It's truly the top of the heap, and will be until years from now, when the AxeFX4 debuts....
This will be my second go round with the III. I had it fairly early on. I hadn't really found the IRs I like at the time and so it was one item in a long string of modeling items. Not that this time will be any different :sweat: :grinning:

This will be my second go round with the III. I had it fairly early on. I hadn't really found the IRs I like at the time and so it was one item in a long string of modeling items. Not that this time will be any different :sweat: :grinning:

If you're uber pleased with the FM3's tonality, why would it be any different for the III this time? I'm assuming you found some IRs like to use with the FM3?

If you're uber pleased with the FM3's tonality, why would it be any different for the III this time? I'm assuming you found some IRs like to use with the FM3?
Because I found the IRs that I like :) Not sure where the modeling is at on the FM right now versus where it was back when I had the III either, for what that is worth. I want more flexibility and the III has that over the FM obviously. When I had the III; I hadn't honed in on any IRs that would always trip my trigger. So the cab block was a nightmare for me.

Last edited:
........annnnnnnnd it just hung without letting me save it. Sigh. Thanks BD.
Have you tried this using the front-panel? If your preset is pushing the CPU limit, FM3 Edit can be sluggish/flaky. Does using a modifier on an amp parameter still cause the FM3 to hang if you aren't connected to the editor?

Your life will be much easier if you drop the reverb down to normal or economy mode, they still sound great. High quality just isn't useable if there's a lot going on in the preset.

Have you tried this using the front-panel? If your preset is pushing the CPU limit, FM3 Edit can be sluggish/flaky. Does using a modifier on an amp parameter still cause the FM3 to hang if you aren't connected to the editor?

Your life will be much easier if you drop the reverb down to normal or economy mode, they still sound great. High quality just isn't useable if there's a lot going on in the preset.
Sometimes it does; sometimes it doesn't. I understand on the reverb suggestion. I will probably edit my presets down to use that level of quality for now till I grab the III.

I set a few of my presets down to Normal and that did the trick. The preset I posted here I set it to economy and, while the CPU level is much better; it's still sluggish as all get out. Too many modifiers or something flaky in the preset itself.

Last edited:
Sometimes it does; sometimes it doesn't. I understand on the reverb suggestion. I will probably edit my presets down to use that level of quality for now till I grab the III.
I just loaded your preset, you may want to post that in the FM3 Bugs forum. Dropping the reverb down to economy mode puts it at ~63% CPU. At that level all of my presets are perfectly fine, but with yours the UI on the FM3 is still very sluggish. This is without being connected to FM3 Edit. I don't have time to try right now, but I'd be interested in seeing if that's resolved if you remove the modifiers in the amp block.

I just loaded your preset, you may want to post that in the FM3 Bugs forum. Dropping the reverb down to economy mode puts it at ~63% CPU. At that level all of my presets are perfectly fine, but with yours the UI on the FM3 is still very sluggish. This is without being connected to FM3 Edit. I don't have time to try right now, but I'd be interested in seeing if that's resolved if you remove the modifiers in the amp block.
I got those same results. I've messed with it in a ton of iterations for a few days with no concrete results that make for a stable preset. It seems to hang on initial loading, then respond all of a sudden.

Back
Top Bottom