Square One!

Akstrat

Experienced
Now that I managed to move a few things around and changed settings, I have lost and F'd up the factory settings, including presets. Is there a way to start all over so I can start from square one again? I did not see that in the manual?? I may have missed it? Thanks in advance!

There's enough preset space to keep the factory presets. I kept them to use as a reference for some of the effects settings. But I definitely agree that creating your own presets and not relying on the factory presets is the way to go.

I think it's best to build from scratch, however if you wish to get the factory presets back, just go to the Fractal Website, and you'll find the presets in the support section under downloads->Firmware & Presets

I saw those. If I download and import them with Axe edit, will they replace and overwrite the existing ones I may have screwed up?

I saw those. If I download and import them with Axe edit, will they replace and overwrite the existing ones I may have screwed up?
Been looking for the same info.Yeah from what i can tell it puts the presets back to their original state though don't quote me on that. So far only done it with single presets

I feel like such a noob! I guess I need a bit more direction??

I downloaded the Presets as directed in my Downloads Folder. Axe Edit will not let me import the Presets, the file is greyed out and I'm not allowed to choose them on my Powerbook?

When I try to start Axe Edit with the Preset Folder, it says "Another instance of Axe8 Edit was trying to start. Only one instance can execute at a time."

Any chance someone could walk me through this one? Sorry and thanks!

I open the preset in axe edit i want to replace, hit import which should open your downloads open the preset list pick the preset you want it will start loading wait a few secs go back to the axe edit page it appears in a couple secs hit save , done . Anyhow that's worked for me. Hope this helps.

I was hoping to replace all of them at once? A complete factory reset? I have been able to import one at a time from other sources, but not the Factory Banks?

The file from the main website with the presets is all the banks. Use Fractal Bot to send it to the AX8. I did not do it because the message says that it will overwrite all 512 presets. Save anything you have customized first so you can reimport them if it does actually wipe out all 512 presets.

Back
Top Bottom