Spy vs Spy, the guitar caper

Rick

Axe-Master
I had fun with this at the PRS forum, and thought I’d share it with my Fractal brethren to break the angst and ecstasy of the MK 1/2/2T conversations. A while back, I shared with you the acquisition of my white 1999 PRS McCarty Hollowbody Spruce, a guitar that has become a most favored axe in the collection. As I always have two of whatever I’m gigging with guitar-wise, I wanted another but the prices were stupid… at least 150% of the white one and usually in far lesser shape. A friend alerted me to a nice one on TGP, and once purchased, the team became Spy vs Spy… white spy and black spy:

A98B2631-161E-4E86-8CB5-8562165B4431.jpeg

Once the Mad Magazine inspiration struck and stuck (thanks Jim!) it was time to continue the theme with a couple of Levy’s straps and, just for fun, some Hot Wheels 1966 Dodge A100 vans!

B97F96E5-6A67-4188-AB96-FFFCFE5DC2F7.jpeg

I‘m not sure what’s next, but I’ve had fun with it! On the guitars themselves, I can tell you that the spruce-topped HBs are some kind of magical instruments. Resonant, not feedback prone, comfortable necks in the more 50s vein, and sound great amplified. Oh, and under six pounds! My back loves them too. :)

Great guitars…. Perfect match for the versatility of the Axe Fx III Mk 2 Turbo XL+ with beta Cygnus 27 firmware Cliff built for me personally. ;)

Nice!

A few months later and i have a twang of regret selling that blue matteo HB.. ah well.

Back
Top Bottom