spoofsteen

My brother posted this on FB and I watched it earlier. Funny as hell. One of the things that amazed me is that Fallon almost sounds more like Springsteen than Springsteen. Awesome and well justified political parody.

This. was. excellent.....I like the moment, when "The Boss" sings "......and it was longer than one of my goddamned shows..." ;-) Awesome.

I guess I'll be the lone decenter ( so far ) ..., I just HATE it when musicians / actors / etal; use their celebrity to get involved in politics .... Springsteen is a great songwriter, a pretty decent guitar player and quite possibly one of the best showman to come along in his generation. But I really don't think he knows S%!T from Shine-ola about the current state of NJ's politics ....

Hahaha....funny, when an American says, That one of the Most politically ambitious musicians known nothing about politics...
But you know, how the Song "Born in the USA" was meant?.....Springsteen got some Fine (very political) critical lyrics in his Songs....i suggest to listen to them.

But don't do it, if you belong to the Riffle-Association or the right Wing of the Republicans...you may find the truth.....

But don't do it, if you belong to the Riffle-Association or the right Wing of the Republicans...you may find the truth.....

I've performed so many springsteen songs in my life I could've been in a tribute band ..., and ..., you don't know S%!T from Shine-ola about my politics either ....

I'd feel the same way if it were Gene Simmons, Alice Cooper, Gary Sieise or Tom Selleck.

Some people believe that just because they're famous that they someknow know more than the average citizen about this type of thing .... Not usually, is all I'm saying ....

I've performed so many springsteen songs in my life I could've been in a tribute band ..., and ..., you don't know S%!T from Shine-ola about my politics either ....

Not all People in the World are blind for foreign politics.

IMHO, the political Situation in the US is somewhat Far beyond everything imaginable, that following the scenarios there is more frightening than watching Horror movies...but I Love Horror Movies and so I keep watching the (non US-Party sponsored) News with attention....
When Bruce Springsteen started, he got nothing than a disfunctional childhood and no Money...that he's a Rich Guy now, doesnt mean, that he gives a damn for the people in the streets...

Here's what I can tell you about my politics.

I grew up using tubes like everyone else. Just because I now use the AxeFx doesn't mean that I don't care about tube users anymore.

Or does it? See how messy talking about politics can be!
Maybe that's why we don't discuss it here.

I thought this was funny and I'm a gun totin "right wing of the republicans" (probably well right of the republicans reach) and proud of it. I also hate when entertainers use their concerts to rant politics no matter what side of the isle. I didn't see this as anything bad, derogatory; just a funny skit that made as much fun of Bruce as it did the politician.

Not all People in the World are blind for foreign politics.

IMHO, the political Situation in the US is somewhat Far beyond everything imaginable, that following the scenarios there is more frightening than watching Horror movies...

I never said anything about being blind to anything .... In fact, I'm betting I know as much about world politics and infinitly more about US politics than you do !

All I've said is I dislike it when celebrities use their status to present an image that they are somehow more knowledgable or more enlightened or ( fill in your own adjective here ) ....

Because it usually isn't the case. If you can get a celebrity to sit down for some serious in-depth questioning, you usually find that they don't know anything more than what is generally available in the media ....

I never said anything about being blind to anything .... In fact, I'm betting I know as much about world politics and infinitly more about US politics than you do ! All I've said is I dislike it when celebrities use their status to present an image that they are somehow more knowledgable or more enlightened or ( fill in your own adjective here ) .... Because it usually isn't the case. If you can get a celebrity to sit down for some serious in-depth questioning, you usually find that they don't know anything more than what is generally available in the media ....

So do you also hate the Koch brothers and all their ilk, attempting to manipulate the political world from behind a veil? Personally I like it when anybody gets involved politically. I don't see celebrity involvement as any attempt to say they know more than xyz. They know what they know and can make their opinions known. If anyone votes for or against someone or something because a celebrity supported it, chances are they weren't likely to be well informed in the first place, which, unfortunately, is their choice.

In this instance, I don't need to know all the details to find this hiliarious. It seems that you're holding up yourself as "someone who knows" and wishing you had a bigger platform for your insight. Good luck getting it.

I never said anything about being blind to anything .... In fact, I'm betting I know as much about world politics and infinitly more about US politics than you do !

All I've said is I dislike it when celebrities use their status to present an image that they are somehow more knowledgable or more enlightened or ( fill in your own adjective here ) ....

Because it usually isn't the case. If you can get a celebrity to sit down for some serious in-depth questioning, you usually find that they don't know anything more than what is generally available in the media ....

I agree especially that Ted Nugent and Ronald Reagan guy:lol

I agree especially that Ted Nugent and Ronald Reagan guy:lol

Well ..., Reagan is a bit of an exception, because he got out of acting to go into politics ;). But, I wholeheartedly agree w/ you about "The Nuge" ..., I wish he'd stick to playing guitar and killing things .... :shock

Many celebrities are afraid of voicing their opinion because of fear of potential backlash & loss of money. I give credit to the ones who voice their opinion without caring who is offended. America has become far too PC so I always welcome those who speak their mind, even if I don't agree with them.

I am not sure why Springsteen would know less than the bunch of yahoos in our congress today, who know nothing of our history, female anatomy, basic science or basic economics. At least the dude's intelligent. I don't hear him saying women who get raped secret a 'special chemical' that prevents them from getting pregnant. I don't hear him disagreeing with ninety-seven percent of climate scientists. He is far more qualified than at least 2/3 of the house and senate, from both parties!
I guess I'll be the lone decenter ( so far ) ..., I just HATE it when musicians / actors / etal; use their celebrity to get involved in politics .... Springsteen is a great songwriter, a pretty decent guitar player and quite possibly one of the best showman to come along in his generation. But I really don't think he knows S%!T from Shine-ola about the current state of NJ's politics ....

P.S. It's 'dissent'.

Maybe on One Day, when you have to sell your whole equipment to pay the Bill of your doctor, You will understand the importance of a Health care System, which isn't Controlled by private companies...("Reaganomics")

In Europe we know a Little More about US politics, than you would asume. The national dept of the US is about 16.000.000.000.000 $, which is by the Way More dangerous for the World situation than any Dictator of any Banana Republic ever was (which was btw in Most cases educated and Chosen by the US-government)

so Even the Chinese are very excited about the political and Financial situation (which is the same in your Country, because your governments politic is ruled by the economical Leading Upper class) because they they already invested more than 1 percent in companies, Immobilie, etc. Of your whole brutto Financial income...

There's nothing wrong with celebrities being involved politically. I just don't want to pay to hear them sing or play and then forced to listen to their rant. At that point they should be paying me to listen.

Back
Top Bottom