Splitting EQ Frequency of guitar input.

Omri Bazelet

Inspired
HI there!
I'm trying to replicate a method that used on an Israeli Rock album.
The recording engineer has said in one his article that he actually splitted the frequency range into two seperate amps and one power amp.
The power amp was a Mesa Boogie SimulClass 295 that splits into a JCM800 for the higher spectrum and the lower spectrum was a Triaxis.
They used 4 Marshall Cabinets with 2x SM57 and 2x sennheiser 321 and 2x Neumann U87 for room mic.
How can I "split" a certain EQ range of a guitar into such amps? About the cabs it's not such a problem. But the concept of splitting EQ into different amps interests me

At a guess: on the grid, from the Input shunt two feeds, eq block on each, one with high pass, one with low pass, amp and cab on each, then to the output(s) you want to use. Done.

HI there!
I'm trying to replicate a method that used on an Israeli Rock album.
The recording engineer has said in one his article that he actually splitted the frequency range into two seperate amps and one power amp.
The power amp was a Mesa Boogie SimulClass 295 that splits into a JCM800 for the higher spectrum and the lower spectrum was a Triaxis.
They used 4 Marshall Cabinets with 2x SM57 and 2x sennheiser 321 and 2x Neumann U87 for room mic.
How can I "split" a certain EQ range of a guitar into such amps? About the cabs it's not such a problem. But the concept of splitting EQ into different amps interests me
Use the Crossover block. It has a high order filter that allows you to split the left and right outputs into low and high frequency ranges. Send each output to a different amp.

+1 on the crossover block

I did something similar in combination with the tremolo block(s), where I'd either apply the tremolo to only the upper frequency band, or where I'd use different tremolo settings for the different bands.

Back
Top Bottom