Splitting a signal after a wireless unit

Adman103

Power User
I'm starting to think about putting together a pedalboard with my FC6, and I'd like to put my Polytune on the board, but I run a wireless unit at my rack, so my idea was to split the signal right after the wireless receiver in my rack using a Y cable, and run a cable back to the pedalboard, just for the tuner input.
My question is whether this will affect the signal into the AF3- will splitting the signal out of the wireless receiver mess with the gain or strength of the signal? My guess is that it won't, but I really am not sure. Would any of the good folks here know if splitting an audio signal will mess with the tone coming into the Axe?

Hey, thank you so much everyone, this is all really helpful! I very much appreciate all the responses! The Out3 or 4/ to copy Input 1 would be really elegant, but I'm already using all my outs- 1 for the house, 2 for my cab when I use it, and I've got pedals in 3 and 4, but that buffer splitter looks perfect, and I really am grateful for all of the help and knowledge on the forum.

Hey, thank you so much everyone, this is all really helpful! I very much appreciate all the responses! The Out3 or 4/ to copy Input 1 would be really elegant, but I'm already using all my outs- 1 for the house, 2 for my cab when I use it, and I've got pedals in 3 and 4, but that buffer splitter looks perfect, and I really am grateful for all of the help and knowledge on the forum.

I think In that case you’re still better off using the Y cable on one of your Outs that are being utilized. I think that would be better than splitting your main signal. If any channel may differ slightly due to the Y cable try to make it one that is being used the least. Splitting the main wireless out will essentially effect everything, if at all.

Back
Top Bottom