Splitter cable for use with Boss EXR switch

chris5150

Inspired
Has anyone got a link for the splitter cable mentioned in the external switch video .. I got one but it doesn’t work , Not sure if it’s because it is Trs to two female trs jacks or if it’s just rubbish , but I have used amazon and eBay asking for 6.35mm TRS male to dual TS female 6.35 splitter lead and cannot locate one anywhere
Keen to use 4 boss switches so obv need to link to the fc with the right splitter cable
Thanks

This one only needs a MALE TRS to MALE TRS cable

Amazon product ASIN B000OY707S

This one also only needs a male TRS to male TRS cable

Amazon product ASIN B07KGFD6N7

if using one or two of the FS-5U's,

Amazon product ASIN B0002D01PY
these each only have a simple TS output (i.e., each of which use standard guitar cord) then use one of these, and plug one FS-5U in with the TIP Iif only using one use the one marked TIP) and plug the ring side into the other FS-5U then just use a male to male TRS ¼ cable to connect it all up to to FC-6 or FC-12

Amazon product ASIN B000068O5Dgood luck

I can't seem to find the switch you refer to but go to Amazon and search for "trs insert cable".

Dont know why it wnt work chris, but I got 2 of those cables and neither works. Thanks for the info, link to the dual boss pedal, but dont want those as not running power cable, dont need the led.
Just to be clear then, I have 2 boss single FS -5U switches as seen above. I connected one to the 1&2 ext switch jack on the FC12, and connected the other to the 3&4 FC12 ext switch jack. These worked fine, I use one for amp level +1 db & hold for Tuner & the other one I used for amp level -1 db & hold for Master layout, works great. THen watching the video, thinking with a splitter cable I can then buy 2 more FS-5U's and therefore use all 4 switches connecting a TRS from FC12 to double female , and each FS5 is connected to the female end of the splitter with a normal ( non TRS ) mono cable....
But as I say when I do that the switch doesnt work at all no message getting to the FC12 when you press it...and I have tried both cables and no good on either..

have just been on amazon & bought these, so will see if this will work instead...

Amazon product ASIN B00BEJWNR4
TRS out of FC into the female plug , and then connect the male ends to 2 FS5u's....fingers crossed
thanks for all the responses & help, will report back once the above turn up etc

I would just get a male TRS to two male TS insert cable, instead of the two female ends and then having to use two additional TS male to male cables. Sometimes the footswitch signal can get a little finicky when you're using couplers or multiple cable connections. Just out of curiosity, are you sure you have the footswitches assigned correctly in the Axe? The fact that it works with TS cables and not with TRS to TS cables leads me to believe it's either a bad cable or just not assigned properly in the Axe.

You can connect 1 or 2 switches to each FC switch jack. If you're connecting a single switch via TS cable to switch jack 1+2, you're assigning a function for that switch to FC Switch 1 in the Axe. If you connect two switches to a single switch jack via TRS cable, you'll need to assign a function for the second switch to FC Switch 2 in the Axe. The Axe won't automatically recognize there's a second switch connected...You need to tell the Axe what to do with that switch.

You can connect 1 or 2 switches to each FC switch jack. If you're connecting a single switch via TS cable to switch jack 1+2, you're assigning a function for that switch to FC Switch 1 in the Axe. If you connect two switches to a single switch jack via TRS cable, you'll need to assign a function for the second switch to FC Switch 2 in the Axe. The Axe won't automatically recognize there's a second switch connected...You need to tell the Axe what to do with that switch.
Done that Gary all assigned correctly but not working ... will see what happens when my new cable turns up cheers

Just because a TRS cable goes to two mono TS jacks, or a "Y," does not mean the required separation of the TIP and RING signals were wired into the mono sides of the "Y" jacks.

What you need for this exercise is to ensure that you have obtained a TRS to "Y" cable with a Tip signal and a Ring signal clearly marked, or color coded, or both on the individual "mono" sides..

Some TRS to Y MONO cables are just that: a summed T+R or just the Tip on the two mono plugs of the"y".

Hopes it all works out for you and you get it working.

Back
Top Bottom