Splawn Austin Buddy preset - just wow!

I was playing around with the presets in the Austin Buddy pack last night.
Happened to pick the Splawn presets - and was blown away - simply incredible! It's got a Friedman like feel.
To me, this is as close as it gets to a perfect rock tone. I can only imagine what the real amp would sound like.

Side note, I was generally skeptical of the pack being useful to me - different pickups, guitars etc. But after having played around with this for a while, I have found this pack to be incredibly useful as starting points for my presets.

So, give Splawn a try in case you haven't tried it before..

Happened to pick the Splawn presets - and was blown away - simply incredible! It's got a Friedman like feel.
To me, this is as close as it gets to a perfect rock tone. I can only imagine what the real amp would sound like.

Side note, I was generally skeptical of the pack being useful to me - different pickups, guitars etc. But after having played around with this for a while, I have found this pack to be incredibly useful as starting points for my presets.

Yep...Buddy’s III presets (I still prefer the Naked set) IMHO remain the very best way to experience the III’s roster of amps and factory cabs...
And, yeah, this Splawn preset has some serious mojo.

Cool. Any particular scene by name?

I mostly play with my 2x12 cab and Matrix GT1000, but as @austinbuddy mentioned FRFR through my Atomic CLR also sounds incredible. King's X-Jason - scenes 2 and 3 of the Quick Rod (don't recall the names right now) were the ones that I bonded with. I just had to turn up the presence a bit with my setup. Also today I tried the Nitro - massive! - Turn up the gain in the preset for a killer heavy gain tone.

omg long day, HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) (just GOT back from a funeral, gimme a break)

omg long day, HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) (just GOT back from a funeral, gimme a break)
Just breaking your eggs... The good news is you passed the spell checker... Just not the grammar checker ;)

Guys -- the secret there for the Splawns is that V60 Factory cab. Once I figured that out, this became a top ten preset for me. Glad you dig that one -- totally agree!
It also works pretty well with 4x12 Cali Cab (I like Factory 2 #602) or if ya have the cab packs ML Brit 80’s (Celestion Lead 80’s) or Ownhammer OH 412 Recto C90 with Celestion Black Shadow C90’s.
* I can’t remember off the top of my head if the Cali Cab is also C90’s.
Give em a try if ya want just a slightly different flavor..

I mostly play with my 2x12 cab and Matrix GT1000, but as @austinbuddy mentioned FRFR through my Atomic CLR also sounds incredible. King's X-Jason - scenes 2 and 3 of the Quick Rod (don't recall the names right now) were the ones that I bonded with. I just had to turn up the presence a bit with my setup. Also today I tried the Nitro - massive! - Turn up the gain in the preset for a killer heavy gain tone.

I knew the Splawn was a great amp when I could hear how great it sounded just at default (everything on 5) -- but I was never completely happy with the Factory Cabs I tried with it.

There is something about that Factory V60 cab that really, really works with the Splawn - it does the low mids just right for that amp, in a way the other "go-to" factory cabs I usually gravitate to don't really do for me. I haven't really found the V60 cab worked with other things for my ears/tastes, but for this one -- dead-on. It was a very lucky find!

Back
Top Bottom