SPL Crimson - Spdif Problems with Axe-Fx2

Valhallir

Power User
Vendor
Is there any SPL-Crimson User Out there, who has experienced/solved the following Problem?

I'm using the Crimson as my main DAW-Interface in my project studio. It has an outstanding Audio quality and is built like a tank. Im using it with Studio One 2.6 Professional on a PC, which is tuned for audio Recording.

All my projects Run in 48 khz but when I connect the Axefx via spdif Out to the Crimson's spdif in, I get the message "the Gear you connected Runs at 44,1 khz" and Studio One crashes. As we all know, the Axe ONLY Runs at 48 khz, so I don't understand wtf Happens.

The spdif cable is a professional spdif cable, and in my rehearsal room, the Axe works perfectly with my Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, where I use the spdif-in. The Focusrite Clock is set to "spdif" which makes the Axefx the "Master". Absolutely perfect.

The Crimson has it's own "Hardware-Clock" ....I don't have any technical Background to this information, but I have read, that it should be very relieable. But not in my Case. I have installed the latest drivers, by using the Focusrite interface, which I use now as multitrack-Recording-Inear-Monitoring-Combo in my rehearsal room, there were no Problems at all by using the same PC I use now with the Crimson.

The Second issue with the Crimson is, that it's Way worse than the Focusrite Interface, when it comes to Low latency Action.
It has by far the worst Low latency drivers I had ever experienced in many years of using Recording Interfaces at all.

So, if any Axe-User is also using a spl Crimson and does Not have my Problems....any advice would be welcome!

THX,
Andy From Red Bull Country

Back
Top Bottom