Spitball - Boss FS-5L Use

Kidmag

Hi all,

I generally learn so much from you guys, I figured I'd throw this out there and suck more info from the collective.

I just found a Boss FS-5L latching footswitch deep in my pedal drawer and thought hey, I bet I could assign something useful in the AX8 to this.

So anyone use an extra footswitch with their AX8? How do you use it?

Thanks!

I have one setup for a mild boost. It turns a drive block on and off. I sit the pedal just to the left of my unit and is an easy go to for my foot. My lead patches are always a toggle between S1 & S2 on Switch 1 (bottom left). I used a roland momentary switch for a while and had it set to emulate but without some visual indication on hte switch, I could not tell if it was on or off. I replaced it with a powered switch which I love. When I had hte momentary switch, I played around with using it as a touch wah and it was really good. There are lots of ways to use it. Have fun

Depends on you but if you can assign a modifier to the parameter you can use that switch on it.
Global volume/db boost/cut, Filter boost, Filter cut, X/Y, scene toggle (a/b), scene scroll, Boost switch in Amp block, kill switch/tuner, relay switch for real Amp. Lots and lots of options really.

You could use it for the two control switches. There's a recent thread here taking all about them. Pretty powerful. Don't know if it's possible but I'd like to assign something like that to looper record and play/stop

I JUST set up a preset today using a FS-5U to turn on the Pitch block to give a harmony 5th. One of the songs a band I'm doing some shows with plays "Already Gone" by the Eagles and that solo has some harmony notes in it, but not the whole solo. Works perfectly! At least I THINK its a 5th. Either way - totally works!

HI
I have a few small switches that i was thinking about setting up to trigger a block or something else..how would i go about doing this? is it in the wiki? Its obviously assigning it through midi?..thanks

When setting up mine, I didn't do anything with MIDI - just assigned the Pitch block to be activated by external pedal 2 (where the FS-5U was plugged in) if that helps.

When setting up mine, I didn't do anything with MIDI - just assigned the Pitch block to be activated by external pedal 2 (where the FS-5U was plugged in) if that helps.

hi thanks, sorry for dumb question but where do i find that on the ax8. assign the block in axe edit

Don't worry about asking questions ever, even if you think they are dumb - odds are they might help someone :)

In my Pitch block in the lower right corner of AXEdit where it says Bypass Mode, I right clicked and then set Source to Extern 2. Attached a couple images that might help. :)

I have auto-engage off because the FS-5U has a momentary/latch switch on it and, it worked the way I wanted it to when I plugged it in. lol.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 11.50.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 11.50.22 AM.png
    71.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 11.52.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 11.52.22 AM.png
    356.4 KB · Views: 8
Don't worry about asking questions ever, even if you think they are dumb - odds are they might help someone :)

In my Pitch block in the lower right corner of AXEdit where it says Bypass Mode, I right clicked and then set Source to Extern 2. Attached a couple images that might help. :)

I have auto-engage off because the FS-5U has a momentary/latch switch on it and, it worked the way I wanted it to when I plugged it in. lol.

ahhh thats where it is, totally forgot about that. I have opened that before, forgot where it was..thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom