Spillover with different amp blocks

tsmith6788

Having some problems with spillovers between patches with different amp blocks. Wondering if anyone can help.

Today I decided to start messing with routing the Axe for FOH as well as into my poweramp and cab. I've been going just into an amp and cab for years so the direct thing is pretty new to me, but I've had it dialed in the way I wanted in the past, spillovers working properly and all. The only thing I'm noticing with my direct sound that wasn't as obvious through the cab, is that when I'm jumping from my lead patches back to my rhythms, the spillover changes with the amp blocks pretty severely. Going from a real wet and smooth lead sound (Friendman or Orange amp sims) back into my very high gain rhythm channel (FAS Modern) I'm hearing the spillover get super harsh and it sounds pretty bad. Can't figure if this is just something that happens when changing patches with different amp sims and I have to deal with it by figuring out a new method for my changing sounds, but I can't see how I'm the first person to ever run into this haha If anyone can give me a hand it would be great!

Back
Top Bottom