Spillover query

Ravdave

Inspired
I've read the wiki for the delay/reverb spillover (http://axefxwiki.guitarlogic.org/index. ... =Spillover) and using two reverb blocks in 2 adjacent presets with a huge hall reverb with a very long decay in Reverb 1, and a medium room reverb with shorter decay in Reverb 2. (the input gain was set to 0 in Reverb 1 in one patch and Reverb 2 in the other patch), I can successfully get the correct spillover of the reverb when switching between the patches in either direction.

My question is this:-

In the wiki it states:-

"If you come from a patch with no delay block to one with delay, you'll get no spillover as delays lines are cleared if they are not used in a preset."

however I've noted one instance where such clearing of the delay lines does not appear to happen..??
If for example I play a G Chord in a preset with a long reverb decay (say 10 seconds in a single reverb block), and then switch to a patch which only contains shunts (so no reverb block at all..!!), then as expected there is no spillover of reverb into this preset (as it doesn't contain an active reverb block). I then play a completely different chord and quickly reduce the guitar volume to zero. A second or two later I then switch back to the previous patch and I get the decaying reverb of the G Chord I played earlier..!!

Surely this implies that the reverb/delay lines have not actually been cleared, either when switching to or from the preset which only contained shunts....???

Is this behaviour incorrect.....????

I can't tell for sure is it meant to be like that (I'm not big reverb user) but it has a LOT of sense to me,
you did come from a preset without delay and with shunt only
BUT you were using delay just before in other preset and it's gonna last as long as it takes
even if you're going through couple of presets with shunts instead of delay blocks,
very logical, clever and useful imo.

"If you come from a patch with no delay block to one with delay, you'll get no spillover as delays lines are cleared if they are not used in a preset."
That is true but only considering that you weren't using 10secs delay on other preset few secs ago,
I hope you get my point. :)

Back
Top Bottom