Speed of tremolo or vibe based on volume of playing

harmaes

Inspired
I have a preset on the Mobius that varies the tremolo speed based on the volume (amplitude) of your playing. Louder will result in quicker speeds which decrease on release.
How would I accomplish this with the Axe Fx II? Envelope?

Great, Thanks guys. Will experiment with this.
Considering selling my Mobius for a Ventilator II so I'm checking which sounds I like to see if I can get close on the Axe Fx. ;)

ADSR controller would let you trigger a downward ramp via input level. Use ADSR 1 or 2 instead of the envelope controller and set it's mode to once and turn retrig on. Adjust the ADSR curve to get the ramp response you want and set the threshold to the level at which you want it to trigger the downward ramp.

Last edited:
Cool, is it possible to only have ramp down?

This might do what you want: use envelope as source but keep modifier damping low. Then at Controllers: Envelope page set attack time low, release time higher. Increase envelope gain if you want it to stay at the max rate for some time on the loudest notes. Also make sure the rotary block "time constant" parameters are low enough to allow the desired acceleration.

ADSR can give similar results but it won't allow medium-volume notes to make the rate jump to values between min & max. You'll either cross the threshold (jumps to max) or not (stays at min).

Last edited:
Good call. I forgot about the attack and release times on the envelope controller. ADSR is good for triggered cycles, but rate will follow level continuously with envelope.

Here's an example Vibe with Envelop controllers that's close to how it sounds on the Mobius with the Quadrature which is to Envelope and to F--Shift (with a very little amount of SHIFT) on the Mobius so not sure how to copy that on the Phaser block? This is somewhat close, just a tad less effect.

EDIT: this sounds best after the amp/cab blocks, clean amp

Attachments

• Touchy Vibe_20141230_213247.blk
    289 bytes · Views: 7
  • Touchy Vibe Envelope Controllrs_20141230_213326.blk
    407 bytes · Views: 3
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom