• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Wish Specialized FW

shatteredsquare

Power User
Test monkey day dreaming...a cro-magnon if-then statement...

If...

A mark II firmware(s) were ever released that amounted to

1. Removing all effects, to leave all memory for Amplifier+Cab only

2. Removing all amps+cabs, to leave all memory for effects only

then...

people would loose their absolute m i n d s. There would be a scramble so fast for used Mark IIs, they would shoot back up in value on the used market so high, you wouldn't be able to find one under 2k anymore.

I owned a II, then a II XL+, sold both, but about to find another XL+. Immediately. Because I know, somehow, it's yet to even reach its final form yet.

maxdown

Fractal Fanatic
I'll poop the party too

1. Further development of the AxeFx 2 would be counter productive as the DSP chips are now no longer manufactured - so flock loads of people buying used at high cost would run the risk of investing in a product that could one day be a brick.

2. The AxeFx 3 has all the memory needed to do anything .... and FAS want to flog them

Matt_B_77

Power User
Why would FA care about the value of something they no longer produce? They will make zero money off of it unless they charge for firmware which would be the opposite of their business model.

shatteredsquare

Power User
My gray game boy still works. If the release is stable, it basically would be the equivalent of unsupported freeware plugins...provided for your (unsupported) use, on your (unsupported) hardware, if it happens to work in your chosen setup. Hardware can be repaired lots of places, any place that can fix phones/computers, pots can get replaced, jacks re-soldered.

But as far as horsepower goes, nothing can touch it, still. If Ares FW works on the old DSP, imagine what the II could do with half its memory free too run just amps. Or conversely, just FX.

By the hands of our benevolent coder, we receive guitar processing capabilities beyond the imagination!

shatteredsquare

Power User
I'm imagining for some reason a company who already doesn't care about the money, regarding the primary focus of its efforts.

I'm also ignorantly imagining highlighting 5,000 lines of code out of 10,000, hitting backspace, and then hitting Save-as. LMAO :tearsofjoy:. I'm getting an XL+ again regardless, this here is just wishfull pondering, after hearing the results of new modelling findings running on older DSP.

yek

@shatteredsquare

I'm counting 24 (!) separate WISH threads posted by you since December.
One can dream, but it's unrealistic to suppose that all these requests will be fulfilled.
And posting so many separate wishes is close to monopolising the board.

lqdsnddist

Axe-Master
Test monkey day dreaming...a cro-magnon if-then statement...

If...

A mark II firmware(s) were ever released that amounted to

1. Removing all effects, to leave all memory for Amplifier+Cab only

2. Removing all amps+cabs, to leave all memory for effects only

then...

people would loose their absolute m i n d s. There would be a scramble so fast for used Mark IIs, they would shoot back up in value on the used market so high, you wouldn't be able to find one under 2k anymore.

I owned a II, then a II XL+, sold both, but about to find another XL+. Immediately. Because I know, somehow, it's yet to even reach its final form yet.

Why would anyone want to pay more than the going price for a II right now when there is already the III which can do it all for a few bucks more ?

Spend $1500 for a II running amps only and then spend another $1500 for a second one so you could have some reverb and delay ?

$3000 and 2 rack units, which the nightmare of how you control both of them, routing, preset changes etc, VS. $2249 for a III which does it all in one unit with seamless routing, the amazing FC controller etc

People would lose their minds is right.....

shatteredsquare

Power User
I'm coming from the perspective of a kid who has a II, doesn't care about effects, and all of a sudden finds out that there is the option to be able to run all the amps with the latest modeling findings on his unit by removing the effects portion.

Or from the perspective of someone who runs a studio, still has a II, (and also a III), uses the III sometimes for amps, but has an entire studio of real amps already, so doesn't really care about the amps in the II, and finds out that he can use the II as a dedicated effects processor with double the effects processing capability by removing the amps portion.

With all the units still out there, it would blow the doors open on their continued application by having a specialized Amps FW, and a specialized Effects FW. Nobel Peace Price material :D plz don't kill me.

Top Bottom