special Larry Mitchell reverb sound with oscillation

dietri

Hello, I have been told by Fractal that I should post this question here on the forum. I really love that special reverb sound Larry used in his life streams that were done by about end of Feb 2021. Its a kind of reverb that has an oscillation going on the tail end that sounds like an oscillated synth sound. It is a little bit similar to the preset #130 on the FM3. Fractal said: why not ask Larry directly via the forum, it would be absolutely great if this works! Or does anyone has an idea how to dial this sound in?

I think I found the preset it is based upon: 311 Prometheus WV, it needs some adjustment of the levels though, but I think I got it pretty close to Larry's sound.

Hi Dietri. For current septup with the FM 3 and Axe fx 3 iuse the plexverb or plex detune or plex delay. The thing that makes it move and swirl really is a Wah (clyde for me) with one of the controllers controlling. The sweep of the wah very slowly i use that sound a. Lot. But its. Not. Just one preset. I use it in a lot of my presets with either the plex delay , plex verb or. Plex detune. Chances are if youve download a few of my personal presets. It's there in one of the scenes. Preobably scene 2. Or 5 on an fm3

cool, thanks much Larry, I will dive into this, the sound in the 311 preset (see my post above) is by the way exactly that, the plexverb with slow wah oscillation. I only turned down the tremolo in the guitar row and adjusted all the levels and its getting very close already. Love your life streams by the way, you are amazing and I hope you get into 5 digit views on youtube soon, you certainly deserve it. BTW, I sent you an email on Feb. 25th btw. with a link to my music in case you would be interested, it probably landed in your spam...

cool, thanks much Larry, I will dive into this, the sound in the 311 preset (see my post above) is by the way exactly that, the plexverb with slow wah oscillation. I only turned down the tremolo in the guitar row and adjusted all the levels and its getting very close already. Love your life streams by the way, you are amazing and I hope you get into 5 digit views on youtube soon, you certainly deserve it. BTW, I sent you an email on Feb. 25th btw. with a link to my music in case you would be interested, it probably landed in your spam...
Glad you found it. Yeah ive been doing that for many yeas now. I believe the oroginal idea comes from the factory preset velvet Sun? And i used a bit of that a factory preset i made call Prometheus, ill check my email

thank you. Rock on. :0)

Back
Top Bottom