Spec.Sheet or Manual?

Yep, whenever anyone asks for info, just post a link to Chris' site. We're lucky to have it.

Except Chris takes all his info from here first. He definitely organizes it, condenses and presents it in a nicer way for those that don't want to sift through millions of forum posts to get the info.

There's always the danger that Chris could miss something, or be late to repost something important to you over on his site. I don't think that's happened yet :) but to get the latest Fractal info up to the minute, the best source is still here.. just click Cliff's username (Fractalaudio) and read his recent posts.

Except Chris takes all his info from here first. He definitely organizes it, condenses and presents it in a nicer way for those that don't want to sift through millions of forum posts to get the info.

There's always the danger that Chris could miss something, or be late to repost something important to you over on his site. I don't think that's happened yet :) but to get the latest Fractal info up to the minute, the best source is still here.. just click Cliff's username (Fractalaudio) and read his recent posts.

Not just from here. Also from TGP and likely Facebook, Twitter and anywhere else Cliff might post. I think I've seen Chris repost information here that Cliff posted on TGP to make sure it's here. Even if I annoy him with my "silly" questions, I appreciate the service he provides.

Not just from here. Also from TGP and likely Facebook, Twitter and anywhere else Cliff might post. I think I've seen Chris repost information here that Cliff posted on TGP to make sure it's here. Even if I annoy him with my "silly" questions, I appreciate the service he provides.

Good point. Chris is doing a great job!

But I just had a look at Chris's site, correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't see any mention of a couple interesting (to me) things.. FX8 firmware won't be updated in a while, because the guy who does that is on vacation... and Cliff hasn't even started work on Axe-FX III yet, since they spent all year doing FX8 and AX8.

I'm sayin.. Chris's site is great, but it's no replacement

Good point. Chris is doing a great job!

But I just had a look at Chris's site, correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't see any mention of a couple interesting (to me) things.. FX8 firmware won't be updated in a while, because the guy who does that is on vacation... and Cliff hasn't even started work on Axe-FX III yet, since they spent all year doing FX8 and AX8.

I'm sayin.. Chris's site is great, but it's no replacement

i don't get advanced information, i search for things myself. it's definitely no replacement for staying informed on your own accord. there's definitely a chance of me missing something.

as for the info you mentioned, i haven't added any FX8 information like that yet, as i need to build the FX8 section that's long overdue. i chose to not put the Axe-Fx III quote. both of those things wouldn't be in the post about the AX8 anyway.

i still need to finish the site redesign and add the FX8 section, and now the AX8 section, with all the firmware pages, release note pages, and infrastructure for categorization. it's a bit of a task and after working 18+ hours a day on 3 other major projects and a few side projects, i hate to say AFT only gets a few minutes a day at times.

it's really difficult to find anything on the site right now and i know that. my theme Divi had a major update a few months ago and i still haven't had a chance to go through it; it changed a few formatting things that makes things look bad. so like usual, a lot planned, but very little time to do anything about it.

Yeah, I can't understand why newbies don't want to spend days sifting through the entire forum. What else would they do with their time??? :)

Back
Top Bottom