Speaking of EJ...A different view of EJ-Beautiful solo

Beautiful song. The lyrics are definitely telling a deep story, and come out as something he needs to say.
Ive always admired anything that comes from Eric Johnson.

Hey UG,

I agree 100%...He also didn't look real healthy. Not just older, but no healthy.................
I‘m wondering about his health as well.
Ok... It's not just me, then.

He appeared to have aged a lot and I didn't think looked very healthy, either.

I bought the album on iTunes and just got a chance to listen to about 5 or 6 songs so far. Lots of acoustic, lots of piano and lots of vocals... The electric guitar content is not a lot but the tone is much like the video in the OP - excellent!

Unfortunately I just don't think EJ's vocals are what people want to hear.

Hey UG,

I agree 100%...He also didn't look real healthy. Not just older, but no healthy.................

At G4 guitar camp a few years ago he had a girlfriend 40 years his junior, maybe she's keeping him up all night playing Scrabble.

At G4 guitar camp a few years ago he had a girlfriend 40 years his junior, maybe she's keeping him up all night playing Scrabble.
I really hope they get him into another camp.

I really wanted to go to the Vai Academy in Vail when they had Eric and Sonny Landreth, but my wife bought me the G4 Experience as a gift so I can't complain ;)

Well jokes aside, I am older than Eric Johnson and I could be his son if I stood next to him. I mean the aging of the face, not similarities.
Totally withdrawn. I hope he is not sick. He is only 65 and looks so unhealthy.
I know that people show age differently, but...........................

I kinda thought he was showing his age a bit as well which is kinda strange because 30 years ago he looked almost half the age he actually was. When I saw him on Austin City Limits in '86 or so, I thought he was some 20something hotshot.

Saw him last night and he was as outstanding as I had hoped. I was right in front of his amp stack and the sound was good BUT I think the more overdriven stuff was a little TOO overdriven with fuzz. But I’m nit picking.

He def has aged a lot and looks a little frail but he seemed to be enjoying himself on stage.

Attachments

• 72720EFD-A1E8-431A-A4FF-B6BF5875FD30.jpeg
    72720EFD-A1E8-431A-A4FF-B6BF5875FD30.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
  • BDC1399C-04F5-4D68-9456-DC216D50989E.jpeg
    BDC1399C-04F5-4D68-9456-DC216D50989E.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
Saw him last night and he was as outstanding as I had hoped. I was right in front of his amp stack and the sound was good BUT I think the more overdriven stuff was a little TOO overdriven with fuzz. But I’m nit picking.

He def has aged a lot and looks a little frail but he seemed to be enjoying himself on stage.
I think that fuzz character has been more or less prevalent in his albums over the years. Sometimes you really notice it more than others (at for me)... Or maybe he put a new battery in his Fuzz Face :)

I'm betting it was pretty loud, too?

Was he playing the semi-hollow Strat most of the time?

Actually he didn’t play the f-hole Strat at all. I was surprised. And he played a Les Paul for two songs.

And yep, it was loud. We were front row right in front of the Marshall cabs. BTW - his band on this tour is freaking phenomenal. Especially the drummer.

Eric is a vegetarian. He was always thin. He is a very soft spoken and quite guy until he picks up his guitar. I met him in Dallas before he had records out. He is much older than he was when I first met him, but so am I. Being on the road is hard. It's hard to get enough sleep. Sometimes you catch a cold or the flu, or strain your voice, or you injure yourself in some way, but still have to perform.

Actually he didn’t play the f-hole Strat at all. I was surprised. And he played a Les Paul for two songs.

And yep, it was loud. We were front row right in front of the Marshall cabs. BTW - his band on this tour is freaking phenomenal. Especially the drummer.
He played mostly the f-hole guitar when I saw him on the recent Ah Via Musicom tour.

According to the website the band is:

with ROSCOE BECK , TOM BRECHTLEIN and DAVE SCHER

Roscoe Beck is a really good bassist.

Back
Top Bottom