Speakers for the AX8

I'm sure there are lots of discussions on which speaker is best and thats not my question .
I don't yet own a modeler and from what I've read the goal in a live setting seems to be to find a speaker that gets what you are hearing as close to what is coming through the PA as possible .So why not just buy a powered PA monitor such as an EVZLX15? They are $400 and a great monitor ,wouldn't this work ? If not why ?
I'm asking cause I see most of the FRFR speakers are really expensive .

Currently using JBL EON 610s for my FRFR rig and like the results better than my older EV ZLX12s. I usually run stereo however depending on the situation, use only one.
I don't think either FRFR rates up there as great sounding but agree that in many situations, they sound better than what is coming out of FOH. Some friends use in-ear and want the absolute best sound coming out of their Fractal, Helix, whatever with FOH sound a much lower priority.

Take a look at the upcoming HeadRush FRFR 12 speaker due for release next month. The shell appears to be a clone of the Alto TS212, but the guts have much better specs for roughly the same price as the Alto. The NAMM demo is weak and looking forward to reviews and testing as I am considering one myself. Time (and ears) will tell.

I have 2 RCF SMA NX 12's and I love them. Having said that after many years with the Fractal stuff I am fairly certain you can coax a great sound out of even a cheap set of speakers. What I understand is that a well made FRFR speaker has been factor tweaked to need little to no tweaking from the modeler.

Back
Top Bottom