Speaker Thump gives me anxiety

Handyman

Inspired
Finally had time to load the new firmware onto my unit and started playing with the new Speaker Thump setting on my favorite plexi preset. I turned the knob to 5, and instantly panicked.

The sound this thing produces is exactly the sound that's burned into my brain as "Oh my God, you're about to fry the voice coils!"

Great job Fractal! Add an extra knob for producing the smell of burnt wax and wire enamel and you're the rest of the way there!

This new thump control is the same present in the advanced control of the amp block in the old axe FX ultra. There is a thump control there as well. It's a great thing for achieving a punchy wide sound in recording for what I've seen. Where is the news? This means that fractal removed some of these nice knobs in the newer models and put it back in the last axe FX III firmware letting people think it's a super new update that makes everything sounds good? I tell you guys it's just marketing, no particular news here. Happy i still have the ultra and happy i'm not a marketing slave.

This new thump control is the same present in the advanced control of the amp block in the old axe FX ultra. There is a thump control there as well. It's a great thing for achieving a punchy wide sound in recording for what I've seen. Where is the news? This means that fractal removed some of these nice knobs in the newer models and put it back in the last axe FX III firmware letting people think it's a super new update that makes everything sounds good? I tell you guys it's just marketing, no particular news here. Happy i still have the ultra and happy i'm not a marketing slave.
Well, if you still own the Ultra you can compare both and see that it's a different thing. I don't own any former generation anymore, but they are that different that it's enough to remember how it was.

It’s not the same parameter. Bugger off.

cool story bro

Not it is not. It is a completely different algorithm.

So what company do you work for?

You can't possibly be this fucking stupid.

To address the OP, my woofers show no visible excursion difference when Thump is cranked, even at loud volume. I keep it at 5, or higher.

You lost me at "Ultra" and 'New Member'.

Yes! The Thump control was implemented before and removed.

But this new implementation of the control works totally different and the results are amazingly accurate sounding with practically almost the full range of the control useable!

We all know: CC is a MARKETING GENIUS -- at least as great as his engineering genius. [NM that most nerds have deficient skills in such business/people skills.]

That's why Thump was removed for years... so as to build up our anticipatory thumping tension only to finally release it with Cygnus 20.01. What an evil marketing genius!!

95973fbb17a2d238f19264baede8b6b0--awesome-art-scary.jpg

Something added to a free update doesn't fit my idea of a human marketing strategy.

Back
Top Bottom