• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Speaker tab settings in amp block. g12k100

I wish there was a thread with recommended settings for different speakers for us 4x12 guys.
I understand "use your ears" lol. I just want settings to match my speakers. They are similar to V30s, anyways here are the specs.

Would be awesome if you could pick a speaker and the settings change accordingly.

Classic - G12K-100 - Celestion - Guitar, Bass & Pro Audio Speakers

General Specifications
Chassis typePressed steel
DC resistance, Re7Ω
Frequency range80-5500Hz
Magnet typeCeramic
Magnet weight50oz, 1.42kg
Nominal diameter12", 305mm
Nominal impedance8Ω
Power rating100Wrms
Resonance frequency, Fs85Hz
Sensitivity99dB
Voice coil diameter1.75", 44.5mm
Voice coil materialRound copper
Mounting Information
Cut-out diameter11.1", 283mm
Diameter12.2", 309mm
Magnet structure diameter6.1", 156mm
Mounting slot dimensions0.31", 7.9mm Ø
Mounting slot PCD11.7", 297mm
Number of mounting slots4
Overall depth5.3", 135mm
Unit weight10.4lb, 4.7kg

g12k100.gif

The resonant frequency goes up when mounted in a cabinet. I would estimate that it is going to be around 100 Hz. It doesn't need to be spot-on. If you are within 10% you'll be fine.

If you want to be anal about it you can use an impedance analyzer. This is what we use:
Dayton Audio DATS Dayton Audio Test System 390-806
I did the filter after amp block and my cab I think was 145hz, seems high but it had the most bass feel at that frequency. right above that nothing and below that like 85-100 barely anything. The cab is oversize maybe this is why? Closed and front mounted. So I think I have that part good. I didnt notice to much difference between 2 and 2.5 on the q. The high setting is what I am concerned about. So if I get that device I can set it perfectly and be anal about it lol??

Top Bottom