speaker resonance with frfr speakers

Hello,

I am preparing my presets for my next tour and I am using the axe fx II ultra with two frfr speakers (matrix q12a). The problem is I don't have my speakers with me during this period since I am not at home for a while. So I am programming basically with headphones.

What I couldn't find out is how to setup "speaker resonance" in the amp settings in conjunction with frfr speaker? Should I turn resonance to zero, leave it like it is? Do my matrix speakers have a resonance frequency?

Looking forward to hear your opinions and suggestions.

Thanks,
L.

In general, I wouldn't worry about it. This is less about how the unit reacts with the frfr speakers than how it interacts with the cab block IR.

For some amps, I do still find myself bumping the frequency of the low resonance peak up 10-15Hz to give a little more punch, less wool to the low end.

I would set it as close to my favorite cab values as possible. The amps tone is strongly affected by this parameter. I wouldn´t care about the monitors resonance at all.

That's interesting.

Where would I find that setting?

Can't remember the exact tab name now, but IIRC it's the Speaker tab in the amp block. It is the one view that shows the line graph of the speaker resonance. You can vary the Q of the resonance peaks, their height, and their frequencies. I used to tweak these a lot more than I do now, but for some amps or some specific effects I still find them useful.

The low res in the amp block is for controlling how the modeled power amp interacts with what is a typical reactive speaker load for that amp type. If you are using power amp modeling (which you should be in an FRFR situation), it definitely shouldn't be disabled/turned all the way down.

Back
Top Bottom