Speaker decisions

Gtrman1069

Hey Everyone,
I received my FM9 a month ago and I’m enjoying it immensely. It’s a fantastic piece of gear and it sounds fantastic. It’s definitely living up to its hype imho. I’m getting ready to gig out and I need a recommendation for on stage monitoring. I have two projects: one plays bigger venues which have their own PA and front wedges and the other project plays smaller venues n which we bring our own PA. Eventually I’ll be going IEM, which I do for church gigs but until then I have it narrowed down to the EV PXM12 or the QSC CP8. Any advice or other recommendations would be greatly helpful and appreciated. Thanks..
RR

I imagine the CP8 is smaller and lighter given 8" vs 12" speaker. That said, the EVs are pretty small and light and they sound excellent.

Best bet would be to try them side by side and see which you prefer but I can highly recommend the EVs and you won't regret that decision if you get them.

To drive you even more crazier about what to chose, as I'm right now exactly in that mode, what about the Yamaha DHR12m floor monitor? similar to the EV and 200€ cheaper at least in Europe. I'm between that, the Yamaha DXR10 and the DBR10 (I can almost buy 2 for the price of the DXR10 and run it in stereo).

My solution for summer concerts, a CAB Harley Benton equipped with a Celestion F12-X200 and a 100W GSS amplification, just the necessary complement for my comfort, the guitar goes into the sound system for the sound on the front. I generally play in stereo on the sound system but also sometimes in mono depending on the decision of the sound technician and in mono on my amplification

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
Back
Top Bottom