Speaker choice and dilemma

andyp13

Power User
hi guys, I have aquired a pair of RCF TT08's and decided to have a play with them via my Axe (I usually use a Matrix Q12 and 800fx amp.
The RCF (just using one) is much warmer and with significantly more low end over the Q12.
I needed to flatten the eq on the amp block (I usually always have the boogie V setting. And also minus the amps bass and increase the treble and brightness etc - it sounds class along with the different cab blocks sound better (they tended to sound the same in the Q12).
The problem is.... Which speaker is telling the most truth? With the setting I have for the RCF it sounds great, when I put that setting through the Q12 it sounds like a wasp in a biscuit tin.
When I set up a sound using the Q12 the RCF is very very dark and muddy.

The one with the flattest frequency response. The plot for the RCF is a bit scooped in the mids, however I can't seem to locate a frequency response for the Q12.

I can't believe the guts that comes out of the RCF and they are only 8" speakers???? Wonder if anyone else uses them.
My real aim (which I think is an impossible task) was to get a similar sound in my monitor to what is going out front so I have an idea of my sound.

Back
Top Bottom