Speaker cable for DIY.

pdup

Experienced
I make all my own cables on the table with the soldering iron. Also Speakercon's from the Matrix GT1000 to various passive boxes.

Just want to know if there are other fellows that have any experience with the "best" cable. From my POV the cable used in most "road-ready" cables are just your ordinary run-off-the-mill power plastic ones.

My favourite as now is Mogami 3082. Look's like a guitar cable but made for speaker use due to the one conductor acting like a shield.

I have been working a lot with hifi-systems and condemn the "snake-oil" business part of it. BUT, with the Axe and frfr it opens up a new quest.
I endorce choosing a maybe costly cable between my guitars and the Axe because the cable's inductance etc. can have a very positive "signature" on your sound ... of course dependant on the guitar's PU's, wiring and so on.

Shielded speaker cable? They claim "Extremely low induction from outside and affection to outside". What does "affection to outside" mean? Induction strong enough to show up on an 8 or 16 ohm load? That is some major EMI that I believe would reek "major" havoc on the system way before it got to a speaker. I believe we are talking serious bs from mogami.
I do not believe you have to buy expensive wire to get excellent performance.

Back
Top Bottom