SPDIF Volume

gdgross

Experienced
So I've been doing some new recording via the spdif output on my ax8 and noticed that the output level is controlled by the main output knob.

Was this the case in the ax-II as well? I don't remember this behavior before. It's moderately inconvenient, for a couple of reasons.
1. It'd be nice to ensure that i'm recording at a consistent volume when i bring up the same patch. Not a huge deal, but a minor inconvenience i suppose
2. It's also be nice to ensure that the DI i record will get re-amped at the same volume it came in at, should I choose to do that.

Any way to disable the output level control when working over spdif?

So I've been doing some new recording via the spdif output on my ax8 and noticed that the output level is controlled by the main output knob.

Was this the case in the ax-II as well? I don't remember this behavior before. It's moderately inconvenient, for a couple of reasons.
1. It'd be nice to ensure that i'm recording at a consistent volume when i bring up the same patch. Not a huge deal, but a minor inconvenience i suppose
2. It's also be nice to ensure that the DI i record will get re-amped at the same volume it came in at, should I choose to do that.

Any way to disable the output level control when working over spdif?
No, the SPDIF is a digital representation of OUTPUT 1.

Back
Top Bottom