1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

SPDIF Volume

Discussion in 'AX8 Discussion' started by gdgross, Jan 17, 2017.

1. gdgross

gdgross
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

So I've been doing some new recording via the spdif output on my ax8 and noticed that the output level is controlled by the main output knob.

Was this the case in the ax-II as well? I don't remember this behavior before. It's moderately inconvenient, for a couple of reasons.
    1. It'd be nice to ensure that i'm recording at a consistent volume when i bring up the same patch. Not a huge deal, but a minor inconvenience i suppose
    2. It's also be nice to ensure that the DI i record will get re-amped at the same volume it came in at, should I choose to do that.

Any way to disable the output level control when working over spdif?

2. joe rogers

joe rogers
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

No, the SPDIF is a digital representation of OUTPUT 1.

3. gdgross

gdgross
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

got it - so it was there in the axe-ii as well, i just don't remember it?