SPDIF Passthru?

kartman

Inspired
I typically connect my AF2 into my Apollo interface via SPDIF but the Apollo only has one for these inputs. I'd like the connect the AF3 in the same fashion and connect the SPDIF O/P of the 2 into the I/P of the 3 and have the 3 pass this thru and add the actual AxeFX3 output.

Can this be done? I've tried adding another input block to the grid but I don't seem to be able to set the source to SPDIF... am I missing something or just plain taking the wrong approach? I can always just use the analog out from AF2 until it goes up for sale, of course.

I typically connect my AF2 into my Apollo interface via SPDIF but the Apollo only has one for these inputs. I'd like the connect the AF3 in the same fashion and connect the SPDIF O/P of the 2 into the I/P of the 3 and have the 3 pass this thru and add the actual AxeFX3 output.

Can this be done? I've tried adding another input block to the grid but I don't seem to be able to set the source to SPDIF... am I missing something or just plain taking the wrong approach? I can always just use the analog out from AF2 until it goes up for sale, of course.
I haven't yet figured out how to do that digitally with SPDIF or AES either.....there must be a way...but it is sweet in the analog setup . I am using OUT 3 to send the INPUT 1 guitar signal to AxeFX2 and OUT 1 stereo back to INPUT 2
on the III and setting the expression (EXT 1) pedal to morph from one to the other.....still playing around to optimize the setup but it sure is nice to have all that I/O..can someone help us with our Digital quandary..?w8vrHlzCRJOpRGe8vy+JxQ.jpg

It looks like only the Input 1 block can get SPDIF signal into the grid. So currently if you had to do this, you'd need to use a different input (2, 3, 4) for guitar to Axe III.
Thanks yet again, sir. So it appears given the modular nature of the grid on the III, we should be able to place that INPUT 1 block anywhere on the grid to achieve either a pass-thru or FXL arrangement for SPDIF. I will investigate later, hopefully this will preclude having to make yet another wish list request for assignable I/O for digital.

It looks like only the Input 1 block can get SPDIF signal into the grid. So currently if you had to do this, you'd need to use a different input (2, 3, 4) for guitar to Axe III.

Yup. I re-read this section of the manual. I misunderstood during an earlier read. Later today, I'll drop the IN1 block onto the grid with the source changed to SPDIF and switch to IN2 for the instruments. I usually only use a single input at a time and prefer the one of the front but I can deal.

Maybe FAS can let us know whether the flexibility we see in IN1 can (will) be brought to IN2 - IN4 in future FW updates? Not a primary issue, of course, but I'm curious.

Thanks to all.

Z
Yup. I re-read this section of the manual. I misunderstood during an earlier read. Later today, I'll drop the IN1 block onto the grid with the source changed to SPDIF and switch to IN2 for the instruments. I usually only use a single input at a time and prefer the one of the front but I can deal.

Maybe FAS can let us know whether the flexibility we see in IN1 can (will) be brought to IN2 - IN4 in future FW updates? Not a primary issue, of course, but I'm curious.

Thanks to all.
I started a new thread about this issue..I am only getting the L mono signal back from the II .............theres a preset there you can try....maybe u can figure what I've done wrong ..or Jah forbid , what FAS has....
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/digital-in-issue-with-the-axefxiii-preset-included.136675/

I started a new thread about this issue..I am only getting the L mono signal back from the II

Yeah... I'll try the preset later tonight. Sorry! At office right now... but thinking about AxeFX3! :) If you get this figured out, please post the solution as I think we're trying to accomplish the same routing.

Upon further reading about IN1, this is the only input that has the magic circuitry that adjusts the impedance based on the pickups in the instrument you choose to connect. This is another reason why I'm curious about a future FW allowing the SPDIF to be routed into IN2 - IN4.

Back
Top Bottom